No announcement yet.

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we can make a two start minimum for goalie stats.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• The number of starts isn't a problem - I can lower it to two. Then if we replace wins with sv%, I think we may have the best compromise. Thoughts?
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• I'm easy man. Whatever you powerful and judicious minds decide, I'm cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
          The number of starts isn't a problem - I can lower it to two. Then if we replace wins with sv%, I think we may have the best compromise. Thoughts?
          I like it
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• We need more skater stats to counter the goalie if we lower it to 2 starts, which provides a lot of emphasis on a single game.

Maybe SOG?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The number of starts isn't a problem - I can lower it to two. Then if we replace wins with sv%, I think we may have the best compromise. Thoughts?
              We already have W, SV%, SHO.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                Yes but, people picking 16th diluting the importance of goalies is somewhat suspect.

I'm picking second. We should add a goalie stat.
                While that is a pretty good point, Ninot, who originally pointed it out, is picking 4th .

Anyway, I could go either way. This league is so large that either direction has certain problems.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'd be partial to faceoff percentage, but SOG is okay with me.

Comment

Do you mean replace Wins with GAA, because I thought we already had SV% ?

Comment

• I see no reason to change skater stats, and dont really like SOG or Faceoff stats

Comment

• The lowering to 2 games would be good for people with weaker goaltending IF they get lucky early in a game week. It might tend to favour the managers with stronger goaltending though, since they could reasonably expect to have two strong starts in a row.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I could accept adding a skater stat.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Mustard

Do you mean replace Wins with GAA, because I thought we already had SV% ?
                            Yeah, whichever.

Another option is to nix shutouts, though I don't know how much of an effect that would have.

Edit: so that there are only two goalie stats total.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• SV and GAA only? Im ok with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
                                I see no reason to change skater stats, and dont really like SOG or Faceoff stats
                                The problem isn't with skater stats, it's the ratio between skater stats and goalie stats. If we lower the required goalie starts to two, then it's very possible for a single solid game from a single goaltender to single-handedly win many of the categories.

To me, that's pretty wrong. Thus, the impact of goalies needs to be reduced slightly.

I like SOG because all forward positions should rack that up, as opposed to Centre-heavy Faceoff stats. SOG also helps determine an offensive player's offensive attempts even in the face of a red-hot goalie.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X