No announcement yet.

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd puke. Actually, I'd stop visiting Apolyton for that period of time. I'd have too many Habs playoff games to visit
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• We didn't exactly reach a concensous of the avatar opinion so hopefully either a few more voice an opinion or we raise the issue again once the draft is complete

Another question though, I am finding that I have to scan through the lists every time it is my turn to pick, to make sure my player has not yet been taken. While this is not a huge deal (I should know them well enough that I don't need to scan ) but it occurs to me that it would be much easier if the lists on yahoo indicated who was already taken.

I assume it is either:
      1) not possible to update until the draft is complete
      2) not possible for individuals to update their own teams until the draft is complete

If it is possible, I would think we could all input our own teams (to not make Kontiki do the entire draft) but if not possible I guess I will have to wait until the draft is complete (though the problem will get worse as the draft continues).

In my regular draft we always have the guy (actually a different guy every year ) who in late rounds is saying: "Has Lidstrom been picked yet?" "Has Sakic been picked yet?" and so on until he comes to a player that has not yet been picked, I could see the same thing happening here (though we all jeer that guy in my draft, so I hope we do the same here ).

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Ctrl-F in the draft thread. It's really not so hard.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I always forget that "control F" thing Good tip, thanks Jaguar (the youth always know these short cuts ).

But I am still curious if it is possible or not to update the draft while we are still picking. If only to see who is still available at a glance.

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I'm down with the avatar thing.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Okay, summary to date of Avatars as a prize (winner picks avatar for all the losers to use for the duration of the playoffs):

In Favour:
              Tingkai
              Sparrowhawk
              Kontiki
              mrboo123
              joncha
              Guynemer
              Jaguar

Against:
              notyoueither
              Asher

Would Puke:
              Ninot

Yet to Vote:
              Hot Mustard
              Pekka
              Jaguar
              Asher

KrazyHorse
              notyoueither
              Imran

Please voice an opinion, seems like a small price to pay, and would be nice to play for something, even if something with no actual value

/me
              Last edited by Sparrowhawk; September 4, 2006, 01:18.

Comment

• There's nothing you guys can do about inputing your players. Since we're doing an offline draft, the commissioner is the only one who has the ability to load the results. It's not that big a deal and I don't mind doing it anyway. Thanks for the concern, though.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Sorry, but I'm not in for the avatar thing.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                    I always forget that "control F" thing Good tip, thanks Jaguar (the youth always know these short cuts ).

But I am still curious if it is possible or not to update the draft while we are still picking. If only to see who is still available at a glance.

* Sparrowhawk
                    I've also created an Excel spreadsheet in the other thread which I update myself after every pick. It makes it easier to sort the draft results so that not only can you find players quicker, but also isolate all the LW for example. I'll upload another copy of it in another few rounds.
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
                      There's nothing you guys can do about inputing your players. Since we're doing an offline draft, the commissioner is the only one who has the ability to load the results. It's not that big a deal and I don't mind doing it anyway. Thanks for the concern, though.
                      Okay, fair enough........can you update Yahoo while the draft is still ongoing though or can it only be inputted when the draft is complete?

If it can be done while ongoing it would be very helpful . If only when it is complete it won't (and I will do the "control-f" or use your spreadsheet or continue with my own search methods ).

/me

Comment

• It's better to just input them at the end. Here, download this and add as we go along:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• How about people who aren't in favour don't have to change avatars if they lose, but aren't allowed to assign avatars if they win. And everyone must decide now.

I'm in.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Or you could do it that the highest placed manager in on the bet wins.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Ah, good point.

Comment

• That could work, but I wouldn't want to change my avatar because someone finished 3rd whereas I finished 4th.

I would have no problem doing so if I finished 2nd if the person in 1st was in.

I think we go with Jaguar's suggestion, gives us another reason to hope that nye doesn't win .

/me

Comment

Working...
                                X