No announcement yet.

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is the price you pay for the privilege of living in the centre of the universe.

And damn, that is a gutsy pick.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Yeah, you're lucky that you live in a place where prices are reasonable. The only way I can justify it is that I have yet to see a game at the Air Canada Center, and won't have a chance for a while.

As for Gerber, I like his style and Ottawa is built for the regular season. Losing Chara will hurt, but they've got the depth on the blue line.

All the other goalies either have personal weaknesses or are playing for weak teams.

I don't think there is a clear cut top five for goalies.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

• Here's a shocker -- everyone is picking goalies...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
          This is ridiculous. We've had no discussion on rules for days, and now that we're finally ready for the draft (with a draft order set, a thread posted and a first pick made), we have to have another discussion on the rules?
          That much is true. As a Commish before (of MANY leagues), the thing that pissed me off the most is people who didn't read the rules and then after the league was set in motion, suddenly a bitter argument developed that the rules were unfair.

Nothing against those that brought up a point or question on the rules, but some people would just bitterly argue how unfair they were and how horrid the rules were, and we'd be already drafting for 3 rounds or something!

Now the draft hadn't gotten totally underway, but the order was set and a new thread started. Revisiting rules at that point will only lead to what happened here, no matter what league. The upshot? Make your rules objections early. To say that we didn't know how many teams there were going to be, for more than a few days, it was known that it was either going to be 14 or 16. The extra two doesn't make much of a difference.

As for all goalies going first... so? In NFL drafts, the entire first round is usually RBs.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think we're finally straight here. Asher has sent me a list of his picks in case he's not available. However, given that we originally said the draft would start on the 1st, we should cut people some slack on timing until then. If someone is taking a long time, I'll try to PM them.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• BTW, if any of the newcomers have any questions about how the league works, feel free to ask here or send me a PM. I want to make sure everyone's clear on what to expect. It's all pretty straight forward, really, but I know I had some questions my first time around.
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

• I'm changing my pick, since Ninot hasn't picked yet. If that is not allowed, then I'll switch back to Gerber.
                Golfing since 67

Comment

• No switching picks, SVP.

Comment

• I don't have a problem with someone switching picks while it's still his or her turn, but you're the commish.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• I'd rather just avoid it. It became a bit of an issue last year - better to nip it in the bud.

Comment

• im picking now. Just give me a handful of minutes.
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Enough of this goaltending nonsense

I've always wanted AO on 1 of my teams

Comment

• Interesting. At least one person will have a goaltender worse than mine.

Comment

• I came home for lunch because I was worried I might be holding this up already (and it turns out I was ).

I may regret not taking a goalie, but........
                              1.5 SparrowHawk- J. Thornton - C - San Jose Sharks
                              (I put this in the picks thread, just thought I would post here to let you all know I have picked).

/me
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Well, if you get screwed for a goalie, so do I.

Besides, its not like everyone can pick a goalie with their first pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X