Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando outlaws feeding homeless people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    +15s!

They're a great way to avoid homeless people, hippies, and other Eastern Canadians asking for money.
    Nifty. They also look like they keep out 18-wheelers.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      Punching vesayen
      QFT

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Give me a frickin' break. You think Sudbury is a major city?

What it lacks in sky-scrapers it makes up for in poverty and drug addiction.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Even the suburbs and most non-downtown areas in the US don't have this type of problem. They send all of their problems to the downtown areas of our major cities.

This, by the way, is also true of Sudbury. Only sudbury attracts the so-called "problems" of all north eastern ontario.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I think his point wasn't that there was something wrong with giving hungry people free food, but that there was a big problem with hippies giving hungry people free food.

Closer, but I don't think there's anything wrong with hippies giving food to homeless people. I was just noting that hippies are annoying douchebags.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

save america, knock over a larouche table
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

The key here is that they want to keep the homeless out of the park, so the logical solution is to make another place for them to go.

Many of the hard core homeless are deeply mentally ill, enough so that they are unable to follow social rules. They're also very paranoid, so they're not easy to reason with. You can set up a nice place for them but if they're free to leave then when a voice in their head tells them to leave they will. Unfortunately the only conditions under which they can be compelled to remain in a residential treatment center is if they are a threat to their own lives or other lives. I don't understand why the inability to take care of themselves isn't considered to be a threat to their own lives, but it isn't.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

A group called Food Not Bombs, which has served weekly vegetarian meals to homeless people

Doucebag detector flashing...
                  What have you ever done for anyone?
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Personally I don't know what the solution to homelessness is. If there is one.

I do think more compassion is needed, and that more people should take time to talk to these people, hear their story, get to know them. Sure some seriously mentally ill, but others are just good people that had a lot of bad luck or bad choices or a combination of them.

Last week I volunteered down at the Center for Creative Non-Violence, apparently the largest homeless shelter in the country (world?) down here in DC.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm a schoolteacher, dude. I help mold the minds of our most precious asset, our children. The future of our world is affected in some small way every time I step into the classroom.

The real question is what a wanna-be commie web-designer does for anyone...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm a schoolteacher, dude. I help mold the minds of our most precious asset, our children. The future of our world is affected in some small way every time I step into the classroom.

Comment

...with propaganda.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

you know that theres going to be a staunch right wing japanese attitude in 20-30 years solely because of drake
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

...with propaganda.

Exactly.

you know that theres going to be a staunch right wing japanese attitude in 20-30 years solely because of drake

Well, someone's going to have to stop the Chinese...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

well if theyre going to stop the chinese theyre going to have to learn to fight cause most right wingers are arm chair generals who dont know the glory of tasting an opponents blood after victory

Comment

Working...
                                X