No announcement yet.

"what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine us threatening to cut off military aid to Israel would be pretty effective.

Comment

I think they'd tell us to **** off. Arms are cheap and plentiful on this planet.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Good. Hope Israel rapes Syria.

Comment

And I hope that Lebanon rapes Isreal .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong ( I know you will ), but didn't we recently pry Syria's dirty little hands off of Lebanon? Didn't Syria essentially keep a muzzle on Hezbolah while they occupied large parts of the country? How is it going to look if we invite them back in? Will we ever get them back out?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
              Correct me if I'm wrong ( I know you will ), but didn't we recently pry Syria's dirty little hands off of Lebanon? Didn't Syria essentially keep a muzzle on Hezbolah while they occupied large parts of the country? How is it going to look if we invite them back in? Will we ever get them back out?
              Well that's the big fear and what may happen due to Isreal's idiotic attacking of the government/North Lebanon as well as Hezbolllah.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Syria's relatively safe from Israel. Not because they could hold their own, but because Israel could topple them so easily. Israel would rather see the current secular state in power than to topple Assad and watch a militant Islamist government rise.

Meanwhile, they continue to destroy the only Arab democracy.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Israel has made it clear it is not seeking a wider war with Syria.

As for Bush's idea that Syria can just end what Hizbullah is doing, why would Syria do it? With every passing day It and Hizbullah gain stature in the Arab street, while the Egyptians and Saudis look like ineffectual todies incapbale of getting their bosses in Washington to stop the Zionist killing more fellow Arabs...

Israel may be able to degrade Hizbullah's military capabilities, but at the end of this crisis they will still be around, while the Islamists will have won a big "moral" victory throught the region.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    Syria's relatively safe from Israel. Not because they could hold their own, but because Israel could topple them so easily. Israel would rather see the current secular state in power than to topple Assad and watch a militant Islamist government rise.

Meanwhile, they continue to destroy the only Arab democracy.
                    Topple so easily???

Israel can win a war, yes, but Israel does not have the resources to bring about regime change in Syria.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                      Who, exactly, is we?
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        I think they'd tell us to **** off. Arms are cheap and plentiful on this planet.
                        We give them a significant portion of their budget - around $2 billion IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
                          Good. Hope Israel rapes Syria.
                          You're evil

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          Syria controls Hezbollah like we control Israel.
                          There's no Iran in USA-Israel relation
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

• Edited: I'm too drunk to post in this thread
                            Last edited by Chemical Ollie; July 20, 2006, 03:11.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Gikes?
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Change the G to a K.

Comment

Working...
                                X