No announcement yet.

"what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Syria can convince Hezbollah to stop military activity. Even Iran wouldn't be able to do that. Can Bush convince Israelis not to settle in occupied territories? Or Israeli gouverment?
    As Asad stated, "decisions belong to thew resistance in Lebanon and they do what they wish".
    And even if it wasn't so, why should Syria insist on disarming its only local ally against a state occupying its territory in obvious interest of the latter?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

I don't think Syria can convince Hezbollah to stop military activity.
      Evidently, Bush doesn't agree with you.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I'm sure Syria could pressure Hezbollah, but I rather doubt it has anything like total control.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
          Do you use expletives in all of your posts
          What do you care, *******?
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
            I think syria is betting israel wont do that
            Maybe, but we have yet to see how much of a gambler Assad jr. is, don't we? I think he didn't expect Israel to go as far as it has, and if missiles keep dropping on Israel, or if there's any serious escalation, then all bets are off.

Syria has fewer friends by far than it has during any prior significant conflict with Israel.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
              I'm sure Syria could pressure Hezbollah, but I rather doubt it has anything like total control.

-Arrian
              Hezbollah has thousands of missiles. Did they buy them on Ebay?
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Well the Katusha's are very low tech, you probably buy assembly packs online somewhere The longer range Zem etc are iranian build, or at least modified with iranian tech from russian and chinese base plans afaik.

Comment

After listening to it myself, it sounds like Blair says "he's had it". Not "done" or "****ed".
                  "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Edan is right.

Anyway, if you look beyond the language thing (which of course is something most media are incapable of...), I think it's very important to get the word out, unmistakably, that Syria needs to straighten up in all of this. And this informal conversation has done just that.

Comment

Yeah, like Syria didn't know that Bush was blaming it for the whole situation going on right now? Come on..
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think Winston meant informing the public.

Comment

Kuci got it.

Comment

people who didnt at least consider it probably don't care anyway.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Anyone think that the mic was left of deliberately and they wanted their conversation to leak?

I'm reminded of Bartlett and the open mic insult of Governor Richie

Comment

Bush isn't that sneaky... Blair, perhaps.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X