"what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techumseh
    Why is it that Apolyton censors language that most people use, including heads of state?
    last time i checked, heads of state dont use that kind of language when they know their mics are on

and the next time i see you circumvent the censor, you'll get a free weekend to the fancy greek island of mingonos
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

What, Mingapoulco was full?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Markos, you need your own island.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by trev
          Message to Markos and Dan: Use of Inappropiate language does not achieve anything and therefore should remain censored. Kep up the good work!

Prudes:

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Saddam had loads of western weapons. Did that make him a western pawn?
            Didn't Saddam buy most of his western weapons?
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Saddam had loads of western weapons. Did that make him a western pawn?
              Spiff, I didnt say Hezb was an Iranian "pawn". I was responding to this

"I'm sure Syria could pressure Hezbollah, but I rather doubt it has anything like total control.

-Arrian "

and said this

"Hezbollah has thousands of missiles. Did they buy them on Ebay?"

Fairly clearly all of Hezbs weapons come from Syria and Iran, and Syria and Iran seem to coordinate policy. Together they could make it impossible for Hezb to exist as a serious military entity.

The "West", when it was selling weapons to Saddam, consisted of several countries that competed for weapons sales with each other. Saddam also got Soviet weapons. Clearly no one or two western countries exercised the same degree of control over Saddam that Syria and Iran do over Hezbollah.

Also, there was not at the time (the 1980's) any UNSC res in place attempting to disarm Saddam. In striking contrast to the current situation wrt Hezbollah, when UNSC 1559 calls for the disarmament of Hezb, clearly one of the key requisites for the full restoration of Lebanese sovereignty.

Does that clarify things, M. Spiffor?
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                Message to Markos and Dan: Cut the b*u*l*l*s*h*i*t and end the silly censorship by the language bot!
                Actually, I'm fairly certain that the language bot doesn't censor "bull****" or any other compound form of ****, such as bat**** or horse****.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Told ya.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Does Charles Dickens get censored? Dick Cheney? I have a big dick?

Comment

Used to.

Comment

Kuci is a dickhead?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                            Does that clarify things, M. Spiffor?
                            Yes
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Syria is the key. Iran can not be reached by Isreal nor can they reach Iran. The US has an expiditionary, warfighting, campaign-oriented force. Nobody is going to **** with that. (Land based version of coastal raiding is a whole nother thing. But land based version of sea control, we rip bellies apart.)

Syria is the key. How much can Israel affect them? How recalcitrant are they.

Forget Iran.

Look at a map some time.

Comment

Syria controls Hezbollah like we control Israel.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X