Clear All

• Like Michael Owen?

the best always leave first

Owen
    Zidane
    Senderos

Peter Crouch?

still around
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Gangerolf

yes, 4th ref, that's what I meant. but has it been confirmed that he saw it on video? No...? The 4th ref can't stop the game, he can only get the ref's attenion during halts in the game, hence the delay to hand out the red card.
      well we'll see
      you really think anyone from FIFA will even come close to admit they did?!
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• FIFA claims Zidane not sent off on video evidence, as "the 4th official does not have access to video replays."

Other than the ones on the big screens at the stadium. Perhaps it should read the 4th official does not have official access to video replays.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon Other than the ones on the big screens at the stadium. Perhaps it should read the 4th official does not have official access to video replays.
          It wasnt displayed on the big screen. (According to Berti Vogts and some other spectators who pointed this out on german television (DSF).)
          "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

• Originally posted by siron

It wasnt displayed on the big screen. (According to Berti Vogts and some other spectators who pointed this out on german television (DSF).)
            From the ABC broadcast I was under the impression it was.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• the video screens in the stadium did not show the replay, as it was a controversial call.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• yep, no replays on the big screens.

zidane was an idiot. even if the italian guy called his mother a whore or whatever
                CSPA

Comment

• Hmmm....TV broadcast and display in stadium might differ. AFAIK there are instructions not to display such controversial scenes.

And I saw this monday a talkshow where 3-4 spectators claimed the headbutt wasnt shown. (And the reaction of the neutral fans who supported France then should support their statement.)
                  "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

• New thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=154698
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• edit: oops
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                      X