Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man, l'Equipe's preview of the Switzerland - Ukraine game is a riot! they take ever chance they can to take a shot at switzerland, including the ol' "switzerland has never won on june 26th in a world cup, losing 7 - 5 to hungary (sic) in 1954 and 0 - 2 to columbia in 1994" (note the article is loaded with mistakes, they say that they lost to hungary in '54, when it was austria) boy are the french hoping we lose or what after we've embarrased them three times over the last year.

"Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Don't worry, Lawrence, even with the mighty Senderos injured, I'm sure your boys can make L'Equipe eat their words. Djourou will have Shevchenko in his pocket, I'm sure.

Comment

• According to Sky Sports News, Fake Ronaldo reckons he's playing on Saturday. I'm sure his mate Rio will organise something to unsettle him, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
          As I said, the dutch tried to counter the sneakyness of by copying it now and then. * snip *
          Funny should say this. On the BBC they showed the highlights of the comedia della arte and 90% of the people involved, were dutch.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Then the BBC isn't capable to see the portugese acting.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• And the Oscar goes to.... Luís Figo, for a very moving death scene after throwing himself into Boulahrouz's arm. A world class performance

Gods, that referee should never be allowed to work at this level again. He should've been sent home after his horrible handling of France vs Switzerland but he did even worse this time. What kind of amateur is this guy? And forget the 146 cards he gave, he didn't even allow the second half to be played! Of the 45 minutes, maybe 15 consisted of actual footballing and the rest of Portuguese trying to win an Oscar. The ref should've given AT LEAST 10 more minutes of extra time (and even then the Dutch still would've been robbed), in which I'm pretty sure the Dutch could've scored a goal as the Portuguese were absolutely god-awful. The Dutch weren't great either but they deserved at least an equaliser.

At least it seems to have waked Blatter up, maybe next WC we'll get actual capable referees, rather than politically correct ones... (Yeah I know, idle hope, but that's better than no hope at all)
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• What really happened is that the Dutch thought they deserved an equalizer, and when they didn't get it after several tries, they tried unsportsmanlike means to take advantage of the fact that the ref was in over his head.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• More posts here than yellow cards in Holland vs Portugal, so ...

New Thread :

Comment

• It's hilarious seeing all the wooden-shoe wearers on the board (who were so willing to defend the bad refereeing up until this point) crying like little girls now that their team is the one that got worked over by ****ty officiating. Boo hoo...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Way past 500...
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X