X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thorgal

Brazil? You mean Spain.
    Thanks-- fixed-- I knew it was Spain and think that any Saudi victory is about as likely as the chance of it raining lollipops
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
      I'm curious about a couple of teams, and am wondering if they are still alive.
      Which teams-- My synopsis I think covered everyone-- If they didn't get mentioned it was probably because they are eliminated
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I'm sure Serbia got eliminated. They were whooped 6 to 0. . And of course the U.S. Though they never seem to do much.

Comment

• US isn't eliminated Dis .

In fact if they win against Ghana and Italy beats the Czech Republic (both events VERY plausible), they'd go on through.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            US isn't eliminated Dis .

In fact if they win against Ghana and Italy beats the Czech Republic (both events VERY plausible), they'd go on through.
            yeah I know they aren't eliminated. But I'm sure they will be soon.

But they managed to get a tie against Italy. So that's good.

Comment

• True... if they manage to get to the next round, they'll face Brazil... which is never good.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I'm sure Serbia got eliminated. They were whooped 6 to 0. . And of course the U.S. Though they never seem to do much.
                Serbia is out-- They were group C with Argentina and Netherlands . But they do get a chance for some measure of respect if they can beat the Ivory coast

As for the US, they are still very much alive. Imran hit the main point for them-- They go through with a win and an Italy win. There are other scenarios where they advance but it requires someone to totally wipe out another team by wide margins

Comment

• and of course I'm always interested in Germany, England, and France. They seem to be doing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    True... if they manage to get to the next round, they'll face Brazil... which is never good.
                    Ya --second in group E is not a good place to be-- and looking even futher, it looks like Spain would be the next likely team on that path (unless SK, Swiss or France) could pull an upset

Comment

and of course I'm always interested in Germany, England, and France. They seem to be doing well.
                      England and Germany are through and face last round games for 1st place. France is in decent shape with two ties thus far but they need a win against the last place team in their group to have any chance to advance and a 2 goal win to assure advancement

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Thanks-- fixed-- I knew it was Spain and think that any Saudi victory is about as likely as the chance of it raining lollipops
                        Probably but with Spain you can never be sure. Along the first half and first minutes in the second half i saw Spain falling in his habitual bad luck (aka incapacity to finish off his countless attacks making a goal), this time Raul broke the enchantment on time...
                        Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorgal

Probably but with Spain you can never be sure. Along the first half and first minutes in the second half i saw Spain falling in his habitual bad luck (aka incapacity to finish off his countless attacks making a goal), this time Raul broke the enchantment on time...
                          Spain does seem to look great and then disappoint. Thats why its tough to pick them in matches top teams but who knows. I like their chances against anyone in group G and then it should be Brazil unless the second place E team pulls a HUGE upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                            France advances if they win by 2 goals and the Swiss and SK draw
                            Not likely though, without Zidane in the middle.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• As I said earlier, I think Spain look very good. I dont recall Spain ever coming back from being a goal down in WC play. They usually self-destruct once their aura of their greatness is burst (ie once you score against them and frustrate them with a disciplined defense as Tunisia did). Usually at that point they are their own worst enemies but this looks like a real team that can beat anyone at this WC. They're my number one pick to go all the way. We'll know much more about who's for real and who's not after tomorrow though.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                                Not likely though, without Zidane in the middle.
                                Who knows... maybe it'll make the rest of the French realize they can't use Zidane as a crutch and maybe they'll shoulder some of the responsibility on their own... then again it is the French .

And, of course, Henry could explode at any time. He should have had 2 in the last game.

Comment

Working...
                                X