This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• So do y'all think Germany turned it up a notch or were Ecuador overated (which is my view).
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Dunno, haven't seen Equador's first two games.....I even missed Germany's first one....
        Blah

Comment

• Equador didn't put a damn into this game, they didn't even try serious opposition. They were content with the 2nd place from the beginning and that feeled. Germany played good, though. All goals were great, especially the 2:0 by Klose.

Comment

• Ecuador didn't play half as well as they did in the previous two games. I guess they just didn't care too much about this match.

Edit: Sir Ralph beat me to it...
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH
              So do y'all think Germany turned it up a notch or were Ecuador overated (which is my view).
              Ecuador put out a weakened team, I gather. They had injuries and cards to think about and Sweden / England should instead consider Ecuador's previous games, where they played well. Cunning chaps, those Ecuadorians, lulling the opposition into a false sense of security for the next round.

Well done Germany, though, for a stylish win.

Comment

• It's a strange world though, when the German team is one of the most exciting teams to watch.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Sorry to all the other 'polytubbies, but why the hell don't the BBC and ITV show one match each in the final round? I mean, it's not as if anyone except PA watches Coronation Street or Eastenders (well, apart from the other millions), but even if they're so desperate to show that, then they can start it at 7.00 and still have plenty of time for footie in the schedules. And what better tonic from the usual rubbish on daytime TV than some World Cup action?

Comment

• The broadcasters in the UK don't show all the games?

If so, that's surprising.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Some games are simultaneous and if the broadcasting rights aren't shared some of those aren't shown.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Happens here too, were we get the same game on Dutch and Flemisch tv.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

• Sat/Cab channels carry the 'other' simultaneous games. For those without, it's tuffchitzki.

Comment

• Learn something new every day. In the US, they have the bigger game on ESPN/ABC and the smaller game on ESPN 2. Reruns are on ESPN Classic.

ABC is the only channel available, if you don't have cable/satellite. So I guess it's similar.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• The others on ITV 2 (or 4, I forget), free.

Comment

• It's quite fun to see though, that for the first time, the rights to the games are in the hands of commercial tv and Belgium hasn't qualified for the first time since '82.

That does mean, I either have to watch Dutch tv or BBC, 'cuz the commentary...brrrr

Comment

Working...
                                X