This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpencerH
    Tommorow we have Holland v Argentina to look forward to. It should be a good test for both teams.
    Can't wait for that one, the first "proper" game. Should be good!*

*no sarcasm.

Comment

• And now England have only Walcott as cover for Crouch and Rooney, bet Sven regrets not taking Defoe now. He probably plans to move Joe Cole up the pitch if the situation arises but he is a starting midfield player so will be fatigued.
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• Dafoe, Bent or any bloody striker!! I can't see why Walcott was taken over another forward???

And yes, I did say this before Owen went off injured...:O)

Comment

• I thought Lennon did very well down the right side when he came in the other day. I'd like to see him start.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever
            Can't wait for that one, the first "proper" game. Should be good!*
            It might have been if both sides weren't putting up their B team and there was actually something at steak (it's actually better to lose: you get one extra resting day for the next match and avoid Germany until the final, getting a chance to kick England's arse instead).

Might be an entertaining match (the reserves will want to prove themselves), but it will be no more "proper" than some of the other ones we've seen (particularly in this group).
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Why not put Mr Overrated on the bench and actually get some dynamic pace to your game for once, all he does is hold up the ball for to long and hit some crosses. Replace that with someone like Lennon or Gerrard who can break through and disrupt the pattern of play and you have another dimension to your game.

Joe Cole is nifty down the left flank, but could be closed down, however if the right flank was the same kind of threat then it would make it much more difficult for the opponent to quell the dual threat.

Well it will never happen because of Mr Media Star and his one asset of hitting crosses and wasting free kicks. Yes I mean Beckham.
              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• Originally posted by Footie Mad

Well it will never happen because of Mr Media Star and his one asset of hitting crosses and wasting free kicks. Yes I mean Beckham.
                You're right, it'll never happen. The last hope of that died with Shawn Wright-Phillips signing for Chelsea and sinking without a trace.

@ Locutus.

I hope we get the Dutch!!

Comment

• I had a laugh the other day while watching an excellent right winger by the name of Sergio Ramos (Spain). As it turns out he has a lot in common with the man Toby Charles called "the best right winger in the game", Manny Kaltz. As the old-timers here may recall herr Kaltz was a right back and so is Sergio Ramos.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by Footie Mad
                    Why not put Mr Overrated on the bench and actually get some dynamic pace to your game for once, all he does is hold up the ball for to long and hit some crosses. Replace that with someone like Lennon or Gerrard who can break through and disrupt the pattern of play and you have another dimension to your game.

Joe Cole is nifty down the left flank, but could be closed down, however if the right flank was the same kind of threat then it would make it much more difficult for the opponent to quell the dual threat.

Beckham has compromising pictures of Sven. That and he does tend to cross pretty well. He is partly responsible for a good deal of England's goal scoring so far.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• That and he does tend to cross pretty well. He is partly responsible for a good deal of England's goal scoring so far.

My sentiments exactly. I'm not the Beckam fan I used to be, but so far he's been pretty usefull the England team.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Though a fast winger (SWP/Lennon/etc.) down the right probably would be better.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                          That and he does tend to cross pretty well. He is partly responsible for a good deal of England's goal scoring so far.

My sentiments exactly. I'm not the Beckam fan I used to be, but so far he's been pretty usefull the England team.
                          Good crossing is hard to find. Ask most of the teams in the WC (including the ****ing US team! *grumble*McBride needs people who can cross*grumble*)
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            Though a fast winger (SWP/Lennon/etc.) down the right probably would be better.
                            SWP is probably more out of shape than Rooney at this point .

Comment

• IMO becks' crossing yesterday was crap. Just IMO.
                              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• England's problem is more serious than just Beckham being useless apart from set pieces.

One of the RTE pundits picked a clip from an earlier England game where Ferdinand looked at Gerrard and Lampard and then proceeded to hoof the ball forward into a completely empty corner of the pitch (empty of any England players that is). This raises several issues. First England don't have a midfield player who distributes the ball well from the defence to the forward players (Hargreaves played fairly well last night but he is a workhorse, not a genius and Lampard and Gerrard play by receiving the ball further up the pitch). Secondly attitude. If a Liverpool player had done what Ferdinand did in a club game Gerrard would have had a go at him. In this case he just walked away - and Beckham was nowhere to be seen. So Beckham doesn't take charge on the pitch and none of the other players are allowed to. No wonder England look lost when things aren't going their way.
                                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
                                X