X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reds4ever
    Imran, can you translate?

I think he was trying to say that the Italians were holding back until the final few minutes to try to take advantage of a tired US team. Though I disagree totally with that analysis. I think Italy was outplayed, but playing 9 v 10 will tire you out, so Italy was able to break through a few times on offense at the end... but kept out of the net.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'm a novice at this, that's what it looked like to me.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

Yep, and the USA would have to win by at least 5 goals, I think, to advance.

ACK!
        Depends on the other match. If the Italians win, a win (regardless of what score) is enough for the US. In case of a draw, the US needs to win with with 2 goals difference. If the Czechs win, the US needs to win and the sum of the goal difference of the two matches needs to be at least 5 and the US needs to score 3 more goals than the Italians (well 2 would do it but then it could come down to the drawing of lots to decide who goes through).

So for everyone's sanity it would be best if the US just didn't win if Italy loses
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

Depends on the other match. If the Italians win, a win (regardless of what score) is enough for the US. In case of a draw, the US needs to win with with 2 goals difference. If the Czechs win, the US needs to win and the sum of the goal difference of the two matches needs to be at least 5 and the US needs to score 3 more goals than the Italians (well 2 would do it but then it could come down to the drawing of lots to decide who goes through).

So for everyone's sanity it would be best if the US just didn't win if Italy loses
          He's asked if we advance with an Italy-Chech ties.

A tie gives Italy 5 points and the Chechs 4 points. If USA wins they would be tied with the Chechs and have to win by 5 points to advance.

Since the goal differnce would be the same for the Chechs as it is now.

ACK!

Comment

• Well, I gave you all the options, including that one In that case a 2 goal difference would be enough, not 5.

Comment

• If tied in points, is GD or head-to-head more important? Because USA lost to CR. If you say USA advances with a win and Italy win, then head-to-head is more important, because we beat Ghana, though would be tied in points.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

What's so hard to understand?

ACK!
                Just kidding Tubs, we Euros are a but fussy over the terminolgy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                  Well, I gave you all the options, including that one In that case a 2 goal difference would be enough, not 5.
                  I don't get it then.

The Chech's are +1 in difference.

The USA is -3, 2 goals would make the US -1.

They would still not advance, correct?

ACK!

Comment

• ITA P2 W1 D1 L0 F3 A1 GD+2 Points4
                    CZE P2 W1 D0 L1 F3 A2 GD+1 Points3
                    GHA P2 W1 D0 L1 F2 A2 GD0 Points3
                    USA P2 W0 D1 L1 F1 A4 GD-3 Points 1

USA beat Ghana, and Italy beat the Czechs - USA through.
                    USA beat Ghana 5-0, and Italy draw with the Czechs - USA through.
                    USA beat Ghana 4-0, and the Czechs beat Italy 2-0 - USA through.
                    Other than score changes (always more), then otherwise you're out. So get your shooting boots on to play Ghana on Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                      If tied in points, is GD or head-to-head more important? Because USA lost to CR. If you say USA advances with a win and Italy win, then head-to-head is more important, because we beat Ghana, though would be tied in points.
                      We would have 1 more point than Ghana, ghana has 3 for the win, US had 1 for today's tie. If the US wins they would have 4 points to Ghana's 3.

ACK!

Comment

If tied in points, is GD or head-to-head more important? Because USA lost to CR. If you say USA advances with a win and Italy win, then head-to-head is more important, because we beat Ghana, though would be tied in points.
                        Goal difference and greatest number of goals (in that order) is more important this time around (it's not always like that so the US is in luck there).

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever

Just kidding Tubs, we Euros are a but fussy over the terminolgy.
                          Screw you Euros, I never know what your talking about anyway.

ACK!

Comment

We would have 1 more point than Ghana, ghana has 3 for the win, US had 1 for today's tie. If the US wins they would have 4 points to Ghana's 3.

ACK!
                            Oops, somehow I thought Ghana had a tie. My mistake.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

It's points, then goal difference, then goals scored, then the result of the game between the two, then a coin toss

Head-to-head doesn't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy tournament kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york

It's points, then goal difference, then goals scored, then the result of the game between the two, then a coin toss

Head-to-head doesn't amount to a hill of beans in thsi crazy tournament kid.
                                What, not even in the next round?

Comment

Working...
                                X