Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread IX - Weltmeisterschaft Ausgabe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Well to be honest I wouldn't have given the Costa Rica keeper much chance with either of the "beauties", no matter what ball they were using. Other than that, there haven't been many opportunities for any of the teams to show whether the ball curls more than previous balls.
    Maybe we'll have to wait for Beckham () or Ronaldinho or Nedved to show us what can really be achieved with the new swingy ball.

    Comment


    • #17
      Why do you all hate Germany?

      Thanks!
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

      Comment


      • #18
        Equador.

        Comment


        • #19
          Pretty mediocre match by both teams (and the referee for that matter). In the end the best side won. Lots of tension though, not a bad game to watch, but not better than the first one.

          Originally posted by Colon™
          Why do you all hate Germany?
          We've had the disfortune of seeing them play...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

          Comment


          • #20
            Poland was a disappointment.

            Comment


            • #21
              The second half was better thankfully, and with Poland hitting the post and the crossbar in the last 10 minutes. The first half was quite boring. A mediorce game for sure.

              I enjoyed the first one a lot, after all, I'm not Dutch and thus not obliged to hate the Germans with a passion .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              Contact: solver-at-weplayciv-dot-com
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

              Comment


              • #22
                and with Poland hitting the post and the crossbar in the last 10 minutes.
                Damn right! Slightly better luck and the match would have been a rather spectacular tie!

                Comment


                • #23
                  But I don't think Poland would deserve the tie. Basically, Ecuador looked better in all respects.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  Contact: solver-at-weplayciv-dot-com
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I thought that Ecuador were penalised for some decent challenges that would have gone unremarked in any of the British leagues, but then Poland were pretty disgraceful for falling over with the slightest contact.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Solver
                      But I don't think Poland would deserve the tie. Basically, Ecuador looked better in all respects.
                      Oh, that's certain. Divine justice, that those two shots didn't make it.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by duke o' york
                        I thought that Ecuador were penalised for some decent challenges that would have gone unremarked in any of the British leagues, but then Poland were pretty disgraceful for falling over with the slightest contact.
                        In the British leagues breaking someone's leg in two goes unremarked...
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Locutus


                          In the British leagues breaking someone's leg in two goes unremarked...
                          You should have seen it 20 years ago.....

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Some Fan Fest videos:



                            But none from Hamburg where I live currently.

                            Each participant has an own tent there with its gastronomic specialties.
                            "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              30 minutes until England - Paraguay... I'm really looking forward to Argentina - Cote d'Ivoir tonight. It'll give us some indication of what we're up against.
                              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                              And notifying the next of kin
                              Once again...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Given news from the teams, I'm changing my England vs. Paraguay prediction.

                                England 3 - Paraguay 1. (Old prediction was 2-1).
                                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                Contact: solver-at-weplayciv-dot-com
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X