Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Football Thread IX - Weltmeisterschaft Ausgabe

Sorry if the German is wrong.

Germany (sort of) thump Costa Rica 4-2, and the Poland-Ecuador game starts in twenty minutes.

6 goals including two beauties,

I saw 4 good goals, the two from Costa were nice.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I hate not being able to watch the full match, I missed the second part.

Comment

Whatever channel this is....

1-0
        Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

1-1
        Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

2-1

3-1

3-2

4-2
        "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Anyone notice the German central defenders

Comment

Ecuador seem a bit rubbish to me, but Poland aren't loads better, and should have fashioned at least one decent chance so far, but no.

Comment

Finally! That should make the rest of the game better. Shouldn't it.....

Comment

I thought it was a great goal. It'll get better (but it's already better than the previous game anyway).
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I don't agree. I mean, it's end to end stuff, but neither keeper has been particularly worried, apart from the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                    Anyone notice the German central defenders
                    2nd goal of costa rica was prolly offside. nevertheless...both goals were 'caused' by Friedrich. no idea why he was that slow to neutralize the offside trap.
                    "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

I'm glad to see that the Poles have decided to satirise the prejudices of European fans by falling over more often, and in more ridiculous situations, than the South Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                        I don't agree. I mean, it's end to end stuff, but neither keeper has been particularly worried, apart from the goal.
                        There's more to football than shots on goal. Poland have lagged since, but the opening 15 min was an interesting chess match between two different styles.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Ecuador is mounting a good defence against a disorganised Poland.

Comment

Well call me a boor, but I'm after entertainment primarily. True, a well-timed tackle is as good to see as a showboating shimmy and finish, if less likely to appear on TV highlights programs, but if I wanted to see a demonstration of the superior defensive powers of the catenaccio system then I'd watch Italian football.

Comment

They should be using a new ball with fewer parts/stitchings. The effect should be that it acts differently and give goalkeepers a headache - has there been such situations ?
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X