Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I'll Be Damned. Mobius, Fire Away. We Have It Coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam Huessein understood the consequences to Iraq and himself of his actions. That didn't stop him. I'm sure the Taliban and leaders of their country understood the consequences of their actions. That did not deter them.

In both of those cases those leaders chose "suicide". Why would Iran be different. The mere fact that Iran insists upon this course of action shows that they are willing to risk their own annihilation to acquire these weapons.

Couple a regime that is willing to risk its anihilation to acquire a nuclear weapon with its open stance that Israel should be 'wiped off the map'. And you want the rest of the world to "gamble" that once they acquire these weapons they will act responsibily.

No thanks, it sounds like the mid to late 30's all over again.

Comment

• Can we carpet bomb israel so that they stop pointing nuclear weapons at all their neighbours?
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by Deity Dude
        Kuciwalker:

You forgot to show the American arrows coming in from the East from the American bases in Afghanistan, the Southwest from American bases in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia or the south from American naval assests patrolling the Persian Gulf.
        You forgot to click the link and find out it was an Onion article.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
          Can we carpet bomb israel so that they stop pointing nuclear weapons at all their neighbours?
          I think that you have an idea in proposing this, but I really can't figure out what the benifits should be.

My guess is that you just want to see what happens if a country is carpet bombed.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Can we carpet bomb israel so that they stop pointing nuclear weapons at all their neighbours?
            I don't think capret bombing is even remotely the correct approach to use to either israel or Iran even if one assumed that force had to be used on either of them.

Carpet bombing is an exceedingly blunt instrument. Even intentionally blunt. It would be like surgery with a baseball bat, whereas so called precision strikes would at least be more like surgery with a butter knife.

Comment

Israel already has them - I wish they didn't but they do. Once someone has them there is nothing you can do militarily about it unless you want them to use them. That's the position we are in with N. Korea now.

Besides I never said to carpet bomb anyone. I just seem to keep reading that the US is spread to thin and that any military threat is non-credible. My original point was that if the US decides that it wants to deal with Iran militarily (especially if it is just a "hit and run" scenario as opposed to a full blown occupation) it could do so without much threat from Iran or huge drain on it resources.

Later someone asked if I wanted to leave Iran in tatters. I said I preferred that to a regime that is willing to risk it all for nukes and at the same time has the policy that a neighbor must be wiped off the map.

I'm not sure those are the only options - I just gave my opinion about those options when they were brought up.

Comment

If I was running the circus in Israel, I'd be a tad nervous and any and all would stay on standby.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Saddam Huessein understood the consequences to Iraq and himself of his actions. That didn't stop him. I'm sure the Taliban and leaders of their country understood the consequences of their actions. That did not deter them.
                  Actually, we have evidence that he thought the Americans wouldn't invade and that he made decisions, which hastened the defeat of his army such as failing to blow up key bridges because he was more worried about internal threats than the Americans.

Besides I never said to carpet bomb anyone. I just seem to keep reading that the US is spread to thin and that any military threat is non-credible. My original point was that if the US decides that it wants to deal with Iran militarily (especially if it is just a "hit and run" scenario as opposed to a full blown occupation) it could do so without much threat from Iran or huge drain on it resources
                  So you take a small medium-term threat and turn it into a large long-term threat and call it a solution?
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Kuciwalker:

You forgot to show the American arrows coming in from the East from the American bases in Afghanistan, the Southwest from American bases in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia or the south from American naval assests patrolling the Persian Gulf.
                    This is funny in so many levels:

this look slike the the main strategic plan of Saddam when he invaded iran back in the 80ies.

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                    X