Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I'll Be Damned. Mobius, Fire Away. We Have It Coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'll Be Damned. Mobius, Fire Away. We Have It Coming.

AP: U.S. to give Iran nuclear technology
    AP - 1 hour, 23 minutes ago

VIENNA, Austria - A package of incentives presented Tuesday to Iran includes a provision for the United States to supply Tehran with some nuclear technology if it stops enriching uranium — a major concession by Washington, diplomats said. The offer was part of a series of potential rewards offered to Tehran by European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana, according to the diplomats, who were familiar with the proposals and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they were disclosing confidential details of the offer.

And what a perfect date.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Well what a fine time to move away from the major cities and become Amish... ****ing placation will bite us in the ass later. Concessions only feed the beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
      Well what a fine time to move away from the major cities and become Amish... ****ing placation will bite us in the ass later. Concessions only feed the beast.
      And what exactly do you propose we do instead?
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

While I agree that this is bad in isolation, it was the system agreed to long ago. We give nuclear technology while the non-nuclear states foreswear nuclear weapons.

I can imagine that we have intrusive verification procedures to go along with this concession.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis

Keep the pressure on for the next few years till the idiots do something stupid.

Then again, we may see some sort of thaw that will allow us to gain more intel on the regime. Of course that will probably not happen seeing as Iran hates our guts.

I still think its dangerous to deal with these people. Placation is not the way to go with a major middle eastern country that is hell bent on nuking Israel and goes on about destroying Great Satan every hour.

Comment

Comment

Just tell them that they can get lots of nuclear technology delivered all brought in by air - all they have to do is saying where the icbm's shall land
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Ohhh man Bush is just destroying his party's ability to reelect in the upcoming midterms.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I say we give them nuclear technology and a demonstration of nuclear power.

Via our bombs.

Not because I dislike the Iranians. I just think it'd be fun to have a small, limited nuclear war.

USA!USA!USA!USA!
                  B♭3

Comment

"I say we..."

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Ho-ho-hold on one second. This country has a substantial dollar value attached to it.

Comment

As Jack Nicholson asked in a movie, "Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?".

I'm totally disgusted.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

God Dammit!

Comment

Lo and behold. When push comes to shove, Bush sucks it up and faces reality - and cuts a deal with a member of the "Axis of Evil."

I'm not surprised. We have limited leverage in this situation. We want them to give up their attempt at making nuclear weapons. We have to give them a reason to do so. They'll probably cheat, but maybe this will slow them down a bit.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Regardless the backlash will be UUgggggly.

He just handed over the house to the Dems.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X