Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I'll Be Damned. Mobius, Fire Away. We Have It Coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Hilarious.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        Good.

-Arrian
        Ohh yippee we get to have a lets impeach the president *** for tat bul****e for the next umpteenth presidents.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

At least this one would deserve it.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

You think the Dems are as vindictive as the Repubs in the late 1990s? I hope not. Impeachment is pointless.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Its already been promised if they win the house.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Really?

Meh. Still, no freakin' way I'm voting Republican. That party has essentially given me the finger. I will return the favor for quite some time.

-Arrian

Comment

I'd like to hear what Drake has to say.
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                    Keep the pressure on for the next few years till the idiots do something stupid.
                    Because that is working so well in Iraq . You know, maybe if idiot boy hadn't decided getting rid of Saddam was worth jeopardizing national security for, we wouldn't be in this mess. You do notice Iran and North Korea both sped up their programs after the US hit Iraq, correctly guessing that: a) we'd get bogged down and b) being a nuclear power was the only deterrent America understands.

Ohhh man Bush is just destroying his party's ability to reelect in the upcoming midterms.
                    I suppose there is a silver lining to this after all, eh?

I say we give them nuclear technology and a demonstration of nuclear power.

Via our bombs.

Not because I dislike the Iranians. I just think it'd be fun to have a small, limited nuclear war.

USA!USA!USA!USA!
                    (*looks at his location field*) Well, I suppose WWIII might not be so bad

At least this one would deserve it.
                    Yeah, but even I think with him being a lame duck this late in his second term it wouldn't be worth it. Though realistically impeaching him in his last days in office just to remind people how much he actually sucked might not be so bad.
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                      Because that is working so well in Iraq . You know, maybe if idiot boy hadn't decided getting rid of Saddam was worth jeopardizing national security for, we wouldn't be in this mess. You do notice Iran and North Korea both sped up their programs after the US hit Iraq, correctly guessing that: a) we'd get bogged down and b) being a nuclear power was the only deterrent America understands.
                      What are you talking about? I'm saying we should keep putting pressure diplomatically on Iran like we've been doing. We wouldn't invade until they did something stupid, like smuggle nuke tech somewhere. I mean really, what's your argument here? Iran has had a nuke program for years now. It didn't materialize after we invaded Iraq.

And the reason why they sped up their programs is because they knew that they might get nailed. Should we have just ignored them hoping that they'd get bored? Cause and effect man.

Comment

It could well be a clever political ploy. It's possible that the Iranians are expected to reject or ignore the offer for whatever reason and it's being offered to make it easier to demand tougher action from the security council in the face of Iranian obstinance. Obviously there would have to be a string attached like DanS suggested which would make the deal politically unacceptable to the Iranians.

Comment

Takind it at face value.....

As with many a moment, whether this is good or bad is for those with 20:20 hindsight to decide. I'm not convinced it will work, but then the alternatives didn't look viable either. Let's make lemonade.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I personally also think that the strings attached will make this a no go, but make it look like Bush was willing to try the peaceful route FOR ONCE. SO when he bombs the **** out of their facilities he can say. "WE TRIED IT THE PEACEFUL WAY" but they wouldn't go along, so they were just askin for it.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle

What are you talking about? I'm saying we should keep putting pressure diplomatically on Iran like we've been doing. We wouldn't invade until they did something stupid, like smuggle nuke tech somewhere. I mean really, what's your argument here? Iran has had a nuke program for years now. It didn't materialize after we invaded Iraq.
                              What sort of delusional fantasy world do you live in? How is the US going to invade Iran? All justification short of Iran nuking someone aside, the US is bogged down in the country next door and there's no public support for making the situation ten times worse.

And the reason why they sped up their programs is because they knew that they might get nailed. Should we have just ignored them hoping that they'd get bored? Cause and effect man.
                              You yourself agree that our strike in Iraq made them redouble their efforts. This crisis wouldn't exist right now if the US hadn't invaded Iraq. First of all, they wouldn't have accelerated their program, second of all US threats of force would actually be credible.

Takind it at face value.....

As with many a moment, whether this is good or bad is for those with 20:20 hindsight to decide. I'm not convinced it will work, but then the alternatives didn't look viable either. Let's make lemonade.
                              It's the least of all evils in an unwinnable situation, and it buys time, which is not currently on the US side.

I personally also think that the strings attached will make this a no go, but make it look like Bush was willing to try the peaceful route FOR ONCE. SO when he bombs the **** out of their facilities he can say. "WE TRIED IT THE PEACEFUL WAY" but they wouldn't go along, so they were just askin for it.
                              Casus belli or no, use of force against Iran right now is beyond retarded.
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Invasion of Iran is/was not an option.

Raids against facilities would not be a solution, but would be the only other stop gap alternative I can think of should push come to shove. Maybe I'm not thinking hard enough.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X