Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can't live together if you're not married!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, all Christians are the same.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot the trademark.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Right, Christians aren't trying to force everyone to live by their rules.

My Catholic mother has never forced me to live by her notions of the "right" way to live. In fact, she completely accepts me.

The two Catholic priests I have had respectable, even friendly conversation with about sexuality and religion when I was an undergraduate student at a Catholic university did not try to pressure me to live the "right" way.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

My Catholic mother has never forced me to live by her notions of the "right" way to live. In fact, she completely accepts me.

The two Catholic priests I have had respectable, even friendly conversation with about sexuality and religion when I was an undergraduate student at a Catholic university did not try to pressure me to live the "right" way.
          They still believe you are going to burn in hell. You know that, right?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

They still believe you are going to burn in hell. You know that, right?

You know you're wrong, right?

Comment

You know you're wrong, right?
              denial ain't just a river in egypt, eh?

(I was talking about the priests though, I don't know your mom... obviously)
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

denial ain't just a river in egypt, eh?

(I was talking about the priests though, I don't know your mom... obviously)

And you don't know the two priests (obviously).

Comment

And you don't know the two priests (obviously).
                  Of course not. Nobody can know what really lies in someone's heart. But to make the sacrifice and become a priest... especially a Catholic priest... takes a certain kind of person with certain kinds of beliefs towards things. They have an intense sort of "screening process", you know. The Church weeds out people who think differently towards official policy.

It's possible they may totally accept you and believe you will go to heaven if you are a good person and gay. But it's not very likely they really believe that...

Or, maybe they happen to believe in the whole confession angle... that you can be redeamed for your "sins".

Actually, now that I think about it... that's probably how they reason it. You are still sinning in their eyes, but as long as you confess your "sins" before you die... you won't burn in hell forever just for being gay.

I honestly don't understand why you like Catholicism, MrFun. But I suppose there are always people who still support organizations that don't act in their best interests... or worse, believe they are going to burn in hell just because they like the same sex.

I'm not even gay and I have enormous contempt for the Catholic church because of their beliefs and policies towards gays... among other things.

Maybe some day, you and I will have a cup of coffee, talk about stuff and things will become clear to me.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The two Catholic priests I have had respectable, even friendly conversation with about sexuality and religion when I was an undergraduate student at a Catholic university did not try to pressure me to live the "right" way
                    Just because they aren't pressuring you Mr. Fun, doesn't mean that they believe you are living a life in accordance with God.

Yes, it is true that if you confess your sins to God you will be forgiven, but that means you first have to acknowledge what you have done is wrong.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

First of all, I stopped considering myself a praticing Catholic since I was 17; that was three years before I even realized I was gay. When you said "You like Catholicism" it sounded like you presume that I'm still a praticing Catholic; that has not been the case for eleven years now.

The other thing is that while I had felt utter alienation from the homophobic, official stance of the Catholic Church, my experience with the two Catholic gay priests when I was an undergrad showed me that even Catholic priests have found subtle ways to circumvent the official stance of the Church.

No matter how much screening is involved for the priesthood, it's not fool-proof; you will get a SMALL minority of Catholic priests who quietly think differently from the official Church.

EDIT: x-post

Comment

The point is, the Christian Taliban (thank you Dan Savage ) is out to try and force us all to live according to their morality. They don't even believe that straight-married couples should be allowed to have birth control.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I agree, Che; it's the extremists of Christianity we have to worry about.

Comment

Yeah, well, they claim that they're the only true Christians.

Comment

Those extreme fundies make baby Jesus cry.

Comment

Not really.

Comment

Working...
                                X