F-16s to Iran or Cuba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serb

So, how the hell you gonna shot our planes? Sidewinders (26 km)? ASAT? Harry Potter's farts? Anything?

Please explain.
    how are we ever going to get in a war involving jets with you? idiot.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

You will not?
      Then stop sh!tting yourselves about piece of cake raid over Moscow.

Comment

dude, i dont even give a **** about theortitcal fights that will NEVER HAPPEN. anyone thats entered into this dick measuring contest over air superiority fighters is an idiot.
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

HEY... CHILL!
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

somebody had to say it!

Comment

My money is still on Harry Potter. What has the Russian air force done lately?
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                Stealth is overrated. It is said that the Russians, the Brits, and probably some others also, have found ways to detact stealth planes.

When radar detects a grasshopper moving at mach 1, they can be sure it's not a grasshopper.

Stealth was never really about defeating the USSR. It was more to be used in conflicts in teh 3rd world. Serbia shot down exactly 1 stealth plane. That's the purpose of the plane.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                  What has the Russian air force done lately?
                  Bombed the crap outta Chechnya.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Serbs got 1 plane. How many planes and helos did the Chechnyans get?
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

• Serbs got one stealth plane. I don't know what else they got.

Comment

• Lice.

Comment

• One can argue about value for the money; that the Eurofighter does pretty good on VW style money while the F-22 is a Ferrari. That comparison would be true but at the end of the day the Ferrari is just a higher performing car just as the F-22 is a higher performing air plane.

That's funny. I saw an interview with an American military test pilot whose position was that both fighters were designed around different goals. He didn't think that one was necessarily better, but that they were just different. He liked both of them.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278
                            Serbs got 1 plane. How many planes and helos did the Chechnyans get?
                            I'm pretty much sure - none, during active phase of the second war (comparable in time with your Serbian agression). How many planes and helos did the Afghanis and Iraqis get?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

Mostly. You might be able to get away with some variations but not much. Unauthorized changes can be problematic. A good example was Iran's air force after the revolution. They had alot of good US made planes but it wasn't long before they were all grounded. They eventually cannibalized their way down to nothing.

Venezeula's main threat is a possible technology transfer to a rogue nation, and not just providing some kickass planes.
                              That is what happen to our F-14. Iran gave one or more to Russia. Now they have the Mig 29 and Su 27/30 series

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb
                                I'm pretty much sure - none, during active phase of the second war (comparable in time with your Serbian agression). How many planes and helos did the Afghanis and Iraqis get?
                                I'll research the plane count if I have the time. The Serbs aren't very aggressive now, are they?

Comment

Working...
                                X