This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher
    I don't think there's much to misrepresent.

MacTavish chose to boycott the ceremony of a well-respected well-established veteran of the NHL.

I consider this to be disrespectful and insulting, and you don't have a problem with it.

That's the difference between a hockey fan and an Oiler fan.
    That's the difference between a Flames fan and reality. Sorry, child, but playoffs this year come first for any team if the managers, coaches and players want to keep their jobs.

You're the poor, dumb fool who can't see that.

The 300 posts comes from you bragging about the Oilers in the 80s, bragging about how MacInnis isn't as good as so-and-so from the Oilers, whining about the timing (which Lowe could've fixed), and other general nonsense.
    Or because you said stupid ****?

Mirror. Face. Have a good look.

The simple fact is MacTavish was disrespectful, and you are as well. The spam you contributed was smoke and mirrors.
    Yes, it was disrespectful, but again, respect for MacInnis wasn't the job of the Oilers managers, coaches, or players.

Getting into the playoffs was.

Sorry it hurt your feelings, but know what? Any team is gonna walk all over your feelings to get what they need. I think you may be too fragile for a game that leads to hurt feelings quite often.

Try field hockey. Girls play that. It's most likely just your speed.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I speak on behalf of my family and my SO and my friends who work at corporate Oil offices that play with Edmontonians like pawns.

Myself, I'm not entering the Oil business. Need to diversify.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• You remind me of a guy I used to know.

He was quite repulsive.

He would cozy up to a woman in the bar and start whispering in conversation with her.

She would invariably get up and leave.

He would shout after her, 'you're making a big mistake! I'm gonna be an accountant!' as if somehow his greatest hopes for advancement should make others like him.

He was sad.

You are a lot like him.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

• That's the difference between a Flames fan and reality. Sorry, child, but playoffs this year come first for any team if the managers, coaches and players want to keep their jobs.

You're the poor, dumb fool who can't see that.
          I don't see how a pre-game ceremony for a hockey great has anything to do with the playoffs or even how well the visiting team will play that game.

Calgary has won every game this year that was preceded by a ceremony (even for the other teams). And they were much harder teams than St. Louis was.

I think this whole "it can't be this close to playoffs! WAH WAHW AH!" BS comes from MacTavish out of the blue. I think his saying that hurt the pscyhe of his players who then had an hour to sit and think about it before the game.

I think it didn't make any sense for MacTavish to bench his players an hour before the game "because the playoffs are what mattered". That hurt them, not helped them.

It constantly comes back to you not being able to comprehend that MacTavish's decision hurt the Oilers, and not helped them. The excuse about the playoffs is bunk because if MacTavish had an ounce of intelligence, he'd know that sitting your players in a locker room while the other team gets pumped up is dumb as ****.

So basically this thread evolved into you refusing to retract your original statement. MacTavish made a dumb, disrespectful move that is blatantly obvious in hindsight, and you've got your head up his ass and refuse to yield to someone like me being right.

Well get used to it, nye. You're completely wrong, and you know it.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
            You remind me of a guy I used to know.

He was quite repulsive.

He would cozy up to a woman in the bar and start whispering in conversation with her.

She would invariably get up and leave.

He would shout after her, 'you;re making a big mistake! I'm gonna be an accountant!' as if somehow his greatest hopes for advancement should make others like him.

He was sad.

You are a lot like him.
            I bet.

Then again, I've got a very stable SO of over three years and a standing job offer from IBM.

You've got a divorce and a bunch of booze and you build personal computers for a living.

If there's anyone here that's sad, it's the lonely old Edmontonian crying in his beer about the Oilers sucking it up when it came time to matter and how no woman would stay married to him. I'm happy as can be.

Go Carolina Go!

Go Ward Go!
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I don't see how a pre-game ceremony for a hockey great has anything to do with the playoffs or even how well the visiting team will play that game.
              And you're not the manager or coach of a team fighting for the playoffs.

I understood it, and it had nothing to do with MacInnis having played for the Flames.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• Apparently I should be, because even I know MacTavish made a dumb decision.

Comment

I bet.

Then again, I've got a very stable SO of over three years and a standing job offer from IBM.

You've got a divorce and a bunch of booze and you build personal computers for a living.

If there's anyone here that's sad, it's the lonely old Edmontonian crying in his beer about the Oilers sucking it up when it came time to matter and how no woman would stay married to him. I'm happy as can be.

Go Carolina Go!

Go Ward Go!
                  Let's see you keep a job. That will be a good measure. SOs? Try living together long term and get back back to us.

I don't hear very much about friends from HS or Uni. Could it be that there is a slight problem relating to people?

Don't worry, Dave, I won't be waiting for my cheque from you anytime soon.

Go Oilers!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Apparently I should be, because even I know MacTavish made a dumb decision.
                    According to you, Samsonov and Roloson were dumb decisions.

Tell it to the Wings, Sharks, and Ducks.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Let's see you keep a job. That will be a good measure.
                      No problem. I got rave reviews after my 16-month workterm...

SOs? Try living together long term and get back back to us.
                      We lived together for 16 months in Ontario. We also survived long distance relationships, as he goes to school in Ontario and works in Calgary (4 months on, 4 months off)...

I don't hear very much about friends from HS or Uni. Could it be that there is a slight problem relating to people?
                      Yep, that must be it.

Look at the friends list on my LJ: http://asher19.livejournal.com/profile

The majority of those people are from Calgary whom I consider good friends. I've no shortage of friends or problems relating to people. I'm actually quite affable in person, usually because I can be more selective with who I associate with. Depressed old men who build computers do not make the cut...

I appreciate your attempts to dig at me, but they aren't working.

Comment

We lived together for 16 months in Ontario. We also survived long distance relationships, as he goes to school in Ontario and works in Calgary (4 months on, 4 months off)...
                        You aren't married yet.

He hasn't had to put up with you with no prospect of a break.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

According to you, Samsonov and Roloson were dumb decisions.

Tell it to the Wings, Sharks, and Ducks.
                          They are dumb decisions.

Markkanen is proving to be a good goalie when he's not ****ed up by his pscyhe destroyed by MacTavish. Roloson was starting to suck before he got injured.

Samsonov was definitely not worth the trade.

You won't win the cup this year.

Both are too old to be useful in the future, and you traded away draft picks and future prospects.

I'd rather make an exit in the first round without giving up any prospects/picks than give up multiple prospects/picks for old rentals and still not get the cup.

Comment

You aren't married yet.

He hasn't had to put up with you with no prospect of a break.
                            We're engaged and we've viewed this as very long-term.

Marriage isn't important to us except for tax ramifications. We've considered eachother partners for over 2 years.

We've done the long-distance, we've done the living together thing, we've tested it and it's been great.

Thank you for your well-wishes. I would invite you to our wedding, but it'd be an open bar.

Comment

• And for someone with such a life, why so much time arguing stupid **** on the internet?

You'd think a young buck with prospects would have better things to do than argue with an old hardware monkey, or any of the other people you pick fights with.

Something isn't adding up.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

And for someone with such a life, why so much time arguing stupid **** on the internet?

You'd think a young buck with prospects would have better things to do thatn argue with an old hardware monkey, or any of the other people you pick fights with.

Something isn' ading up.
                                Because I'm always on the internet and I get bored in class and then at home? Duh?

I don't currently live with the SO, we live on opposite sides of the city and see eachother Tuesdays and Friday Nights/Saturdays/Sundays. That's why I'm not on then.

When I'm at home or at school I'm on the laptop or desktop, which involves the internet. I multitask, so I'm on here lots.

Don't see what's so odd about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X