This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Just wow.
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• Good on the oilers.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

• Well, damn.

Ducks came out strong and are rewarded with a win.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Anaheim in 7
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Edmonton in 5

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
              Anaheim in 7
              Man, you're a real dick, Joncha.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Shades of the Montreal/Carolina series.

Edmonton has gotten lucky, up through the second period of the prior game.

Anaheim was steamrolling and Bryzgalov was amazing until they had the huge waiting period to kill their momentum. They came back rusty and Bryzgalov showed his rookie roots in more high-pressure situations, and they're back to Giguere. Roloson's inexplicable hot streak is very clearly over, he's looking like Rollie the Goalie that Calgary got rid of years ago.

If Edmonton does make it to the next round, both Buffalo and Carolina could easily dispatch them. Rollie needs a rest, I wonder if they'll start Conklin.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I was going to disagree with you Asher, but more than not, you're right.

Except I don't think Edmonton will lose 3 more straight now.
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                    Shades of the Montreal/Carolina series.

Edmonton has gotten lucky, up through the second period of the prior game.

Anaheim was steamrolling and Bryzgalov was amazing until they had the huge waiting period to kill their momentum. They came back rusty and Bryzgalov showed his rookie roots in more high-pressure situations, and they're back to Giguere. Roloson's inexplicable hot streak is very clearly over, he's looking like Rollie the Goalie that Calgary got rid of years ago.

If Edmonton does make it to the next round, both Buffalo and Carolina could easily dispatch them. Rollie needs a rest, I wonder if they'll start Conklin.
                    Welcome back! More fearless predictions I see, to go with all the others that have gone before. I'm sure they will be just as accurate.
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• You mean my prediction that Anaheim/Calgary would be a long hard series?
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Man, you're a real dick, Joncha.
                        No argument here.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                          You mean my prediction that Anaheim/Calgary would be a long hard series?
                          Here's a few:

They live in the past because they have no future, they gambled it away on a couple players that the rest of the league is laughing their asses off at.

Flames have a very bright future.
                          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=150650

Calgary can shut down Anaheim.
                          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1

Edmonton is doomed in 2OT and higher. If you think they're prone to mistakes and turnovers in regulation, just wait til 2OT.
                          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=2

Looks like the Wings have figured out that Roloson is hilariously bad after the initial save. He never knows where the puck is.
                          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=9

Oil play like **** at home.
                          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&pagenumber=10

Game 7 tomorrow will be a Flames win at home.
                          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&pagenumber=17

Result is Edmonton will bow early out of the playoffs, Calgary will roll on. The Calgary style of play works well in the post-season.
                          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=2

There's lots more, but I'll save them.
                          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• And a lot of those aren't far off the mark.

The Anaheim/Calgary series was embarrassingly close, especially given that one of Anaheim's games (Game 4) was gifted by a bad call with 30s in regulation of a tie game and the subsequent GWG in OT.

Yeah, Calgary lost. Yeah, Edmonton is advancing. But you're deluding yourself if you think that means much.

Calgary faced a far harder first round than Edmonton did. Anaheim lost it after the break and sweeping Colorado -- both of which are better teams than Edmonton.

Edmonton's fortunate in that they've been extraordinarily lucky. I don't know what else to call it. Even though the Ducks have sucked this series, they've still outplayed the Oilers overall and somehow ended up down 3-0.

I appreciate all of the time and effort you put into your post, it really does prove a lot that out of hundreds of hockey comments I've made throughout the year some of them didn't turn out. Go figure.

And Calgary can shut down Anaheim, BTW. And we did, for quite a few games.

And the Oil do tend to play **** at home. Need I bring up their record when I made that comment?

You try too hard, it says a lot of you. You're the most pathetic poster I've seen here (remember how you started a separate thread for each time Edmonton beat Calgary in the regular season?) And no, that's not an insult, it's a simple observation. You've got some inexplicable axe to grind with me, and I've no idea why.

Yeah, the Oil are doing well in the postseason, but the main reason I refuse to cheer for them are because of people like you and nye and the idiots we see on CBC holding up signs like "Calgary Blows Cows", in this round of the playoffs, against Anaheim.

Oiler homer fans have a hilarious insecurity complex vs Calgary, and it drives me nuts. And now that Edmonton has advanced, they somehow take it to mean they're the better team.

Edmonton is obviously the better team in that given their seeds and given their timing, they went farther. But look at the Calgary vs Edmonton records in recent years, and it's obvious what the better team is.

Comment

• And I think, given how close Anaheim/Calgary was, things would've been a lot different had Marcus Nilson not been out injured (he leads the team in +/-), and Phaneuf not been playing on a broken foot (one of the best defencemen disappeared in the playoffs, and after we found out why).

Comment

• don't worry Asher, it doesn't matter if Edmonton wins the Cup, they are still a .500 team...

if they do win the Cup, they'll be the worst team in... perhaps in the modern era to do so

you can take comfort in that

although, what does that say about Calgary? I'm not sure
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X