Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need cooking advice (shame)! Butter or olive oil?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody watches Rachel Ray **looks at Japher**

Here in the South we use butter for everything. There's a wonderful steakhouse here called Ruths Criss and they cook their steaks with butter. Melts in your mouth, but they use an open flame which probably helps the flavor and texture.

I sometimes do hamburger steak in the oven and after I season it and add the wotescher sauce I place a pat of butter on top and bake it in the oven. Turns out quite nice and you get all that lovely juice for your potatoes.
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Wotescher sauce? I've heard of Worcestershire sauce
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I didn't dare ask

Comment

Must be a Texas thing
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I doubt it - I'm pretty sure she's got it arse about t!t...

Damn, how can the word t!t be censored...it's hardly massively offensive
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I would have pointed it out but I was afraid of.... BEING BLACKWIDOWED AAAAAAHHHHH WITH A BUZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                Must be a Texas thing
                That's a "Texan thang," you uncircumcized Phillistine!

Comment

Yeah you know, "war-chest-ar sawse" as my Mum says it

PS - find a good nonstick pan. Solves that problem real good. Yes I know 'real' chefs use sticky pans, but they're less of a PITA for eggs and fish too

PS Mmmm, Ruth's Chris *drool*
                  Last edited by Makahlua; April 10, 2006, 18:36.
                  But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                  PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    Wotescher sauce? I've heard of Worcestershire sauce
                    A little known routine:

Costello: I hate mustard.
                    Abbott: You hate mustard?? But what do you put on your hotdogs at the baseball games?
                    Costello: Oh, I don't go to baseball games.
                    Abbott: What, you don't like baseball either?
                    Costello: No, I love baseball, but to get to the game, I have to cross over a bridge, and I hate bridges.
                    Abbott: So you hate mustard and you hate bridges.
                    Costello: Right. If you really want to burn me up, stick me in the middle of a bridge with a handful of mustard.
                    Abbott: But if you don't buy mustard, then the mustard factory will close down, and the guy who makes the mustard will be outta work!
                    Costello: I love Worchstershire-sheer sauce.
                    Abbott: What?
                    Costello: I love Worchstershire-sheer sauce.
                    Abbott: So??
                    Costello: You can put the guy who makes mustard to work in the Worchstershire-sheer factory.

Comment

Oppps was typing with a two year old on my lap and hit the wrong keys, but you knew what I meant. GEEEEEzzzzzZZZeeeee!!
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Barbecued spam fritter
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Somebody watches Rachel Ray **looks at Japher**

Here in the South we use butter for everything. There's a wonderful steakhouse here called Ruths Criss and they cook their steaks with butter. Melts in your mouth, but they use an open flame which probably helps the flavor and texture.

I sometimes do hamburger steak in the oven and after I season it and add the wotescher sauce I place a pat of butter on top and bake it in the oven. Turns out quite nice and you get all that lovely juice for your potatoes
                          Not any more, Rachel Ray bugs. She says "EVOO" to save time right? NOT! 'Cause she always says Extra Virgin Olive Oil right after it! Why give something an acronym if you are just going to spell it out anyway?! WTF>! What the ****!

Ruths Criss is up here too, it's a lot of places. The French also cook their steak with butter, or at least they do at french steak houses that I've been to. A little herb butter on top is superb. The oil would be if you don't want to add flavor, or if you are cooking at high heats. Butter will brown, and brown butter gives a nutty flavor which is always good with your seasoning.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Not any more, Rachel Ray bugs. She says "EVOO" to save time right? NOT! 'Cause she always says Extra Virgin Olive Oil right after it! Why give something an acronym if you are just going to spell it out anyway?! WTF>! What the ****!
                            THANK YOU!! I thought I was the only one who caught it.

Comment

Working...
                            X