Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need cooking advice (shame)! Butter or olive oil?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need cooking advice (shame)! Butter or olive oil?!

So I was going to cook hamburgers. Normally I'd do the burger in standard oil (sun flower or whatever is available), but now I only have these 2 particular types of fat left in my kitchen - butter and olive oil. Which one is more suitable to fry the burger?
    Butter
    7.14%
    Olive oil
    78.57%
    Go to the late shop and get banana oil
    14.29%

Went for olive oil... normally I only heat olive oil to fry/heat up onion and veggies... since I'm going to fry onion along with the burger, olive oil it is. thank you, case closed.

Comment

Fascinating...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The butter would have burned before you got the pan hot enough to cook beef. So you made the right choice.

Next ...
        I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Andy

Comment

I use both (at the same time that is) but I´m only frying veggies or quorn/soy products...
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Kein wurst
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I will have Wurst und Bier on some other occasion.

Comment

Oil, but beware the Eigengeschmack!
                  Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                    I use both (at the same time that is) but I´m only frying veggies or quorn/soy products...
                    That is the way. Mixing them allows for a hotter temperature.

Start off with oil, then add the butter, preferably after the meat (or whatever) is in the pan for a couple of seconds.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It depends. Baking=butter is better and frying pan - olive oil.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Need cooking advice (shame)! Butter or olive oil?!

Originally posted by Ecthy
                        So I was going to cook hamburgers. Normally I'd do the burger in standard oil (sun flower or whatever is available)
                        Any barbarian who does not cook a burger on an open flame should be drug out into the street and shot.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Main Brain got it right, those hamburgers had a bit of an olive oil taste, but only in the outer regions. As soon as you got beef and mayonnaise (shut up) with it, it was fine.

Comment

Oh don't be such a pansy
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Lard.
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X