Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need cooking advice (shame)! Butter or olive oil?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      Spiff? I'm talking black outside, raw inside. If that's what the French do, I wonder how they survived for so long
      No no no no no no no. You sear/brown the hamburger quickly (30-45 sec) on each side, then cook it all the way through as you would normally. The quick searing instantly liquifies some fat, which should eliminate your sticking problem if you're cooking in a decent pan.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Never tried that.

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Need cooking advice (shame)! Butter or olive oil?!

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Any time you want to visit Baltimore I'll make you some delicious ****ing burgers on my charcoal grill.

Ground beef, worcester sauce, chopped onions, garlic salt, pepper, egg

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
              Bull**** the latest comments.

1. Experience shows the beef will stick to the pan if you don't add fat.

2. For regular hamburgers made at home, there's no open flame available. I'm not going to fire up the barbecue for 2 hamburgers.

3. Only true statement done: fatter beef makes for better burger.
              Just have a gas powered one and you can fire it up in less then 3 minutes. If you really want to make a good burger then add hickery wood chips under the grill (that adds a nice smokey flavor) or just pull out an old style BBQ with charcoal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                Why the hell are you using either? The ground beef itself, even if it's ultra-lean, will provide you with more than enough fat for cooking the hamburgers.
                Listen to Rufus T. Firefly! He knows of what he speaks.

Comment

Lots of fat in them there burgers. No need for oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Listen to Rufus T. Firefly! He knows of what he speaks.
                    I really need to start collecting these for my sig...
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

EVOO

if you are frying ultra lean burger or even grilling them make sure to oil the cooking surface before you start... Yes, this is the truth. Don't oil the meat though, just the surface, unless it is a very well seasoned cast iron skillet it will stick.

Searing a burger doesn't work. They are too losely packed. You need to make sure that the first side is completely cooked before flipping. Burgers, unlike stakes, are a one flip peice of meat. Unless you are making cheese burgers, flip a third time before adding cheese and cover.

I agree with Oerding, still, Burgers should be cooked on a fire, not a grill like my wife does. We have a stove top grill and it works nice, would still prefer the charcoal flavor though.

Just got done eating a brisket I spent 3 hours cooking. I ditched my gas grill about a year ago for my weber... love it. Nice smoke rings on the brisket, I marinaded it, rubbed it, and glazed some bbq suace on to it... it was superb. Mowed the lawn while I cooked it.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

You shouldn't need any extra fat. There is plenty in the meat. Watch it ooze out.

Comment

1. Experience shows the beef will stick to the pan if you don't add fat.

Most likely because you're trying to flip it too soon. Give the meat some time to unstick itself.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I just slow-cooked a pork roast in tomato sauce for 4 hours. Decadent to say the least.
                            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

you must be one of the few people who can't cook burgers in a pan on the stove sans oil. The things generate grease. Have to drain it.

Comment

Seeker - that is just ridiculous

Japh, alva

Comment

Working...
                                X