Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need cooking advice (shame)! Butter or olive oil?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the George Foreman Grill...it's the next best thing to barbecue.

And no, don't cook hamburgs in butter you sick puppy...
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Why the hell are you using either? The ground beef itself, even if it's ultra-lean, will provide you with more than enough fat for cooking the hamburgers.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

If you use mixed burgers ( pork and beef) that might work but with burgers made out beef only, I doubt it.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
          Why the hell are you using either? The ground beef itself, even if it's ultra-lean, will provide you with more than enough fat for cooking the hamburgers.
          At least in the USA, ground beef is 30% fat by default, unless it's called something else (Ground Chuck is like 15%, Ground Sirloin like 7%). 30% fat is more than enough to fry without an ounce of oil, as long as the meat isn't nearly frozen (and if it is, heat it up on low heat to melt some of the fat).

Any meat product with at least 12% fat should fry fine with its own fat, as long as the fat is well marbled throughout or the meat is cooked fat side down if applicable.

Cooking a Ground Sirloin burger, or Ground Turkey, you should use olive oil mixed with butter, or canola/etc. plain vegetable oils.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
            Get the George Foreman Grill...it's the next best thing to barbecue.

And no, don't cook hamburgs in butter you sick puppy...
            I actually have one of those. I think I've used it two or three times in the last five years but in college I used it a lot.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: Need cooking advice (shame)! Butter or olive oil?!

Originally posted by Oerdin

Any barbarian who does not cook a burger on an open flame should be drug out into the street and shot.

Any time you want to visit Baltimore I'll make you some delicious ****ing burgers on my charcoal grill.

Ground beef, worcester sauce, chopped onions, garlic salt, pepper, egg

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

At least in the USA, ground beef is 30% fat by default
                Most of the ground beef I see is either 20% or 7% fat. I usually take the 20% fat. It's cheaper and makes a better burger.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

True that.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Bull**** the latest comments.

1. Experience shows the beef will stick to the pan if you don't add fat.

2. For regular hamburgers made at home, there's no open flame available. I'm not going to fire up the barbecue for 2 hamburgers.

3. Only true statement done: fatter beef makes for better burger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      Bull**** the latest comments.

1. Experience shows the beef will stick to the pan if you don't add fat.
                      Sounds to me like experience shows that you own crap pans, and/or don't know the secret of quickly browning each side before letting it cook.
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

That's what you do with pork. Only Brits roast the outside of their beef without making sure the inside is done as well.

Comment

That is different, it gets roasted for long enough so we know it is cooked inside
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

No it isn't. The British roast the outside of their beef to coal, the inside of it staying rawly pink.

Which is NOT what medium means.

Comment

No, fool!
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Which is why you're nothing but ignorant rosbifs

Comment

Working...
                                X