No announcement yet.

I'm Angry. Who Deserves My Wrath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa hold on a minute! You guys pay thousands in health insurance and even then you have to pay 20% of costs for major items like surgery? That would cost tens of thousands of dollars? So if you get sick, it can cost you everything you own even if you have standard insurance?

Comment

only up to whatever your deductible is... at least in my case.

My deductible is $500/year or $2000/family
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
        Whoa hold on a minute! You guys pay thousands in health insurance and even then you have to pay 20% of costs for major items like surgery? That would cost tens of thousands of dollars? So if you get sick, it can cost you everything you own even if you have standard insurance?
        Yep. Most bankruptcies in America arise out of illness. And most of the illness-caused bankruptcies happen to people who had health insurance which failed to adequately cover them.

Ain't it a grand system?

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
          only up to whatever your deductible is... at least in my case.

My deductible is $500/year or $2000/family
          I gathered from the ladies posting in the thread that there are deductibles to account for and then in addition they have to pay 20% of the cost for treatment... although that might not be the case with your, or all medical insurance.

Comment

That is correct. My deductable is $10/visit. Then I'm 100% covered, except for some diminimus presciption drug charges. (Unless my coverage was changed when I wasn't looking. )

Comment

my copay is 15 or 20 bucks per visit
              my deductible includes that by does not exlude the cost.

I.e. Everytime I go to the doctor I pay $15 (which is tax deductible). Then the visit costs are billed to my insurance. The insurance company pays according to my plan; 100% preventative and sick doctor visits, 80% healthy visits, x-rays, hospital stay, surgeries, whatever.... the difference is billed to me. In a given year I will never pay more that $500 on any one person and no more than $2000 for the entire family (tax deductible). Even though we are a family of 3, the $2000 is pretty much set so large families don't get screwed.

This is good for me. Because Josie goes to the doctor all the time, being a baby and all. My monthly fees are $75/month for this type of coverage, before tax. If I took the cheaper coverage, with a large deductible, I wouldn't notice a change in my paycheck.

I use to have copay only and no deductible. It was nice, but not normal.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

my insurance is close to what japher is describing if not dam the same thing, only they say i get only one wellness visit a year. which i have the 15dollar copay. after tht visit i have to meet my deductable of 250 then i pay 20 % of what else is charged. that is insane. i mean hell we are already being gouged for 350 a month just for the premiums.. As i said whith **** like that who the hell needs insurance
                for by the time i need surgery i will have already killed over saving to pay the freaking bill
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                  When I smashed my arm to pieces last year I only paid ~$150 for everything from surgery to rehab.
                  1. Ouch! :: pain ::
                  2. Sweden
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                    If you get sick you´re taken out in the rice fields and shot. The family get to pay for the bullet. Cheap and easy
                    Makes good fertilizer

Seriously, China's social medicine needs a lot of work. Then again, China is a poor country with 1.3 billion people. So that's is going to take a long time.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

At this point, I might add that being a United States veteran, worse case is V.A. Hospital. Low cost to NO cost.Being "ShotAtAndMissed, ****AtAndHit", has some advantages to it later.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Makes good fertilizer

Seriously, China's social medicine needs a lot of work. Then again, China is a poor country with 1.3 billion people. So that's is going to take a long time.
                        Yet they can throw money into a HUGE military, space programs, magnet trains, TVs at bus stops, escalators for underpasses, ...
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Be angry at Luke. After 1 year he should've been job-shopping based on his experience instead of waiting for that one corporation to "reward" him.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

i think im wierd in that i have health care provided by my employer and I dont pay a dime. although i do believe it is pretty minimal, i get at least one visit a year for 25 dollars and my Rx's are cheap as ****.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                            X