No announcement yet.

I'm Angry. Who Deserves My Wrath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both The richest country in the world should afford proper healthcare to all it´s citizens...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Business and Congress.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Samsung and Congress.

I am amazed at the lax labour law in the US. That doesn't sound like what you should find in a civilised country.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: I'm Angry. Who Deserves My Wrath?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          My daughter, Summer, has a boyfriend of 7 years or so named Luke. Luke had worked the last couple of years as a temporary tech at Samsung.

Being a temporary, he has no insurance, and they live in a more rural county north of Dallas, with no county hospital to speak of.

So here's the deal. He had one of his boys removed. He had to shop around for something he could afford.

Now he was diagnosed with what they think is a "not so bad" cancer in his lower lung. He can't get chemo. See above.
          So I told him to go to Dallas county hospital, and give this address. That way he can be treated.

So who do I direct my anger and frustration?
          I think to work anyone as a temp over the required 3 month contract without hiring is ethically bankrupt.

As far as medical facilities, this is what makes me think America needs socialized medicine.
          With businesses abusing temps, and medical needs being unavailable to all, people like Luke get a royal ass screwing.

So who? OR both?
          Welcome to the real world...this is what the poor have to deal with, and I think it is time many people who are not receiving the sh*tty end of the stick realise this. Let's hope this serves as an example, and that your daughter's boyfriend has a really good recovery...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Tell me though, what kind of price are you talking for health insurance?
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You should get mad at people who vote Republican. Had Clinton's healthcare act been passed, he would have insurance.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I really want to understand why anyone would say "both." How is the medical profession to blame here? It's not like they're refusing to treat the guy; they're just charging for their services. I'm sure they don't give a damn who pays them -- the guy, his insurer, the government, whoever. His failure to be able to pay, though, is teh fault of his cheap-ass employer (business), the evil, evil health insurance companies (business), and a feckless Congress that won't do anything about the sorry state of US health care.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I thought Medical meant Insurance companies..

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It's a failing in the system rather than any one individual institution...
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      Tell me though, what kind of price are you talking for health insurance?
                      I pay ~$3500/year ($135 comes out of every bi-weekly paycheck) to cover my wife, my daughter, and myself. I can't remember offhand what my deductible is. And my insurance doesn't cover our family's most regular expenses: dental work and eyeglasses.
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        I thought Medical meant Insurance companies..

JM
                        Most doctors I know hate health insurance companies just as much as the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

I pay ~$3500/year ($135 comes out of every bi-weekly paycheck) to cover my wife, my daughter, and myself. I can't remember offhand what my deductible is. And my insurance doesn't cover our family's most regular expenses: dental work and eyeglasses.
                          Holy sh*t!
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I pay ~ a 3rd of that just for myself.

JM
                            (it is somewhere between 20-40 per biweekly paycheck...)
                            (an extra 10 per biweekly paycheck for dental)
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Holy sh*t!
                              Yep. Now, that does include pretty comprehensive phamaceutical coverage which pays for itself (my wife takes a fairly expensive drug to help regulate her thyroid), but still, yeah, pretty un-freakin'-believable.

Comment

I am curious what the proportion of our income, when tax is considered, that goes on the NHS...
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X