I'm Angry. Who Deserves My Wrath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Yep. Now, that does include pretty comprehensive phamaceutical coverage which pays for itself (my wife takes a fairly expensive drug to help regulate her thyroid), but still, yeah, pretty un-freakin'-believable.
    yeah, cause I ahve to go to the doctor 4 times a year, mine isn't bad either

JM
    (and I take blood pressure medication daily)
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
      Both The richest country in the world should afford proper healthcare to all it´s citizens...
      I agree. Citizens or legalized workers from other countries who pay taxes should have health care.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Most doctors I know hate health insurance companies just as much as the rest of us.
        I know a large number of doctors and I guarantee that they hate them more.

I can't see why we should blame businesses for not buying insurance for their employees, it's a terrible way to do things. It's inherently unfair to single and childless employees or employees who already have insurance as inevitibly the business subsidizes their employees coverage. If there is one business who deserves every bit of hate ever directed toward them it is the insurance industry. They make it prohibitively expensive for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance and they drive up medical costs significantly by regularly denying legitimate claims, delaying payments and erecting serious bureaucratic obstacles to payment. Oh, and they've bought the vast majority of the reps and senators in Washington as well as every state legislature in the country so that they can't be reigned in by legislation. Thank god for the initiative where it is legal, it may be our only hope.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

I agree. Citizens or legalized workers from other countries who pay taxes should have health care.
          I totally agree with this, and I won't get started about ****ing illegals and the drain.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Seeing this the 30-35% income tax in Sweden looks better and better. Even a complete hip replacement (or other extensive and complicated surgery) is payed for by the tax funded healthcare system. When I smashed my arm to pieces last year I only paid ~$150 for everything from surgery to rehab.
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

If this young man has metastatic testicular cancer and is unable to afford treatment he should be elligible for Medicaid. He should go to county social services and sign up. If they refuse he should go down to Dallas. Sometimes small town social services aren't up to speed on various state programs.

Mind you I'm guessing that he would be elligible for assistance based on my experiences in Virginia. It might be different in Texas.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

If the past 6 years have shown us anything, it is that everything is different in Texas.

However, the good Doctor is right; he should be eligible for Medicaid. And Sikander is also right; we ****ing hate insurance companies, with a white-hot searing passion that is probably taking years off our lives.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                  Seeing this the 30-35% income tax in Sweden looks better and better. Even a complete hip replacement (or other extensive and complicated surgery) is payed for by the tax funded healthcare system. When I smashed my arm to pieces last year I only paid ~$150 for everything from surgery to rehab.

Hell, our federal income tax rates aren't THAT much lower. We have a lot of tanks/planes/ships to pay of, of course...

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Re: I'm Angry. Who Deserves My Wrath?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    America needs socialized medicine.
                    Cherish this moment, fellow Polytubbies.
                    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I am amazed at the lax labour law in the US. That doesn't sound like what you should find in a civilised country.
                      Just out of curioisity, how are healthcare costs covered in China?
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

If you get sick you´re taken out in the rice fields and shot. The family get to pay for the bullet. Cheap and easy
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Blame insurance companies.

In the U.S., 1 healthcare dollar out of every 3 or 4 goes to the adminstrative costs in dealing with the tens of thousands of private insurance companies who offer health insurance. This makes our insurance incredibly expensive.

By way of comparison, the administrative costs of the Veterans Administration, of Canada and of Europe are about 1 healthcare dollar out of every 10 to 20.

Currently the California Legislature is working on SB 840, which if passed, will provide FREE healthcare to all California residents. It would be funded from sources such as the monies now paid for healthcare premiums and by collecting from employers who do not currently provide health coverage.

The Lewin Group think tank did a cost analysis of the proposed plan. (Lewin used a very conservative estimate that the current system has 19% administrative costs, not the 25-33% which most studies show.) According to the Lewin Group, moving to a single-payor (i.e. government fund) plan, complete health coverage can be provided to all Californians at a savings of $9 billions the first year.

Comment

germanos, I've saying for quite some time that the USA would have to go socialized medicine.

I've said many things that are insightful, and you people laugh at me. Down the road, I'm proven right.
                            Jump on the band wagon, but no, "Ooooh yeah. Sloww said this would happen".
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              germanos, I've saying for quite some time that the USA would have to go socialized medicine.
                              Well sorry, I probably missed that.

For me it came as quite a surprise you would support anything that would even come close to a commie Euro-whimp project.
                              But perhaps I'm completely wrong as well as to what this 'socialized medicine' might be, and that it will have nothing to do with a state sponsored/state supervised/ equal for anybody/ compulsory system aimed primarily at the wellbeing of the state's citizens rather even if they would prefer to spend their money on fancy stuff.
                              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Germanos:

Slowwhand isn't the diehard rightwinger Texans we Euros would love to imagine. He occasionally has common sense
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X