Death penalty is damn right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ajbera
    Society kills people who kill other people. Not arbitrary at all.
    Today the society kills convicted murderers. Tomorrow the society can kill atheists, communists, Jews, Chinese, homosexuals, blacks, etc.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Horse hockey.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Today they imprison criminals, tomorrow they grab random people off the street and send them to camps.

Come on, UR.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Time for a public stoning, tie them to a pole and let whoever wishes to throw stones until they are dead, if society wants to execute someone, they should not pay one person to be the executioner, but should do it themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
            Today they imprison criminals, tomorrow they grab random people off the street and send them to camps.
            You have to keep in mind in China that's not a big leap.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• its a great leap?
              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Today the society kills convicted murderers. Tomorrow the society can kill atheists, communists, Jews, Chinese, homosexuals, blacks, etc.
                Today we tax middle and upper class American citizens. Tomorrow we'll be taxing poor Americans, and then Canadians, and soon we'll be stealing money from African children! ZOMFG!

Today we let people eat cows. Tomorrow we'll let people eat dogs, and other people! ZOMFG!
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by ajbera
                  Some mistakes are just too big.
                  Exactly. The justice system makes mistakes all the time. We can't trust it with the power to determine life or death. Better to throw the murderers in jail for life.

Also, if the victim had been a severely deformed kid, how many people would be talking about this case? How many would be demanding the death penalty?
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

• I agree with Tingkai, I don't believe we can trust the state in a decision over whether folks live or die. The justice system does make mistakes, and at least with life imprisonment, you can correct them.

As for being prolife, you can most certainly be prolife and pro death penalty, the distinction you draw is one of innocent life. People do not forfeit their right to life, unless convicted of a capital crime.

Personally, life imprisonment would be harsher then death, death can be a release.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Exactly. The justice system makes mistakes all the time. We can't trust it with the power to determine life or death. Better to throw the murderers in jail for life.
                      Then attack the judicial system. Granted, they aren't always right. Still, if it is 100% cut and dry guilty of gross crimes would you not support the DP?

2 Wrongs may not make a Right, but a Wrong and a Right don't make a Right either.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

• Slow, you look good in pink.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Datajack Franit

They already have a 6 yo boy. The reason for the kidnap was to ask 1 million euros . Police checked their home and found a 2-months storage of the anti-epilectic medicine the toddler needed. All of Italy knew the name of the medicine (Tegretol) so it means they started buying it a long time ago, in small quantities from different pharmacies all over the region.

This bastard has been a suspect since the last 10 days, but managed to get rid of the attention from him by giving interviews asking the kidnappers to release the boy (20 days after he killed him)

He's also famous for beating his own brother Salvatore until his spinal cord was broken (he's now on a wheelchair) and raping a teenager 6 years ago.
                          OK, not very good prospects for reform...
                          Lock him up for life.
                          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai

Exactly. The justice system makes mistakes all the time. We can't trust it with the power to determine life or death. Better to throw the murderers in jail for life.

Also, if the victim had been a severely deformed kid, how many people would be talking about this case? How many would be demanding the death penalty?
                            How many indeed???
                            All of them fighting the right for the death penalty would be. What i dont think you understand is this argument isnt just about the man who killed the innocent child, its about all of the murderers that have killed all the other innocent victims.
                            Life in prison is hadly a way of rehabilitation unless you are a first time criminal. Most of those career criminals like jail, they havent learned how to function in the outside world. So to think oh lets put the career criminnal in for life to rehab is not an answer. they are not being rehabilitated

UR that is so ridculous it isnt funny. If any of the other folks atheists jews etc, have muredered some one in this way then yes they should be put to death. I dont think the death penalty has racial or hate issues
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Life w/o possibility of parole. These people are dangerous to society and, IMO, not reformable. I won't shed any tears if they were to be fried, but I remain anti-DP (only b/c of the fry-the-innocent-guy every once and a while problem) as a matter of policy.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Ugh. Pink, italics, tiny font, unnecessary capitalization. It's just FABULOUS!

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X