• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death penalty is damn right

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4868988.stm

Italian boy 'found dead by river'

Tommaso Onofri was taken from his home on 2 March
    Italian police searching for a missing 18-month-old epileptic boy have found a body, Italian media reports say.

Earlier, police said they had arrested a man who told them that Tommaso Onofri, snatched a month ago, was dead.

Police said the detained man had been working as a builder at the family's farmhouse near Parma. His wife and another man have also been arrested.

The case has gripped the Italian public, prompting calls from the Pope and politicians for the boy's release.

Floodlit search

The man told police the boy was killed on the night he was seized as they tried to silence his cries.

Sources told Italian news agencies that police found a body during floodlit searches near the Enza river close to Parma.

After Tommaso was taken, the toddler's parents appeared on television in an appeal to the kidnappers, saying their son desperately needed medicine to control his epileptic seizures.

No ransom was demanded for Tommaso, who was abducted by two masked men wielding an apparent replica gun and a knife.

Pope Benedict XVI pleaded for the boy's "immediate and unconditional release" in a telegram to the local bishop, Cesara Bonicelli.

The telegram expressed the Pope's "solidarity with the relatives"

Tommaso Onofri, 17 months old

The Onofri family

So, we have a married couple attempting a kidnap, assaulting the cottage where Onofri family lives and taking the boy away under gun threat.

The couple runs away on a scooter but they have an accident right after due to bad weather conditions. Tommaso starts to cry and the stress causes him epileptic seizures, so they decide that the best thing to do is to smash his head with a shovel and dump the body in a river.

The monsters that did this should be burned alive
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Christ, thats horrible. Do you have the death penalty over there?

Comment

My position is known by many. Capital punishment is a must.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cue standard "but executing the murders won't bring the victim back" and "punishment is nothing but vengance" arguments

I can't imagine what the poor baby's family is going through. I really pity them
        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          My position is known by many. Capital punishment is a must.
          In certain situations, this being one of them.

Comment

Unfortunately we no longer have death penalty
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Is he not just the most adorable, precious little thing you ever saw? How in the hell can anyone do something like that to one so beautiful. Personally I think it should be an eye for an eye. Bash them in the head with the shovel and be done with it! I'm with Sloww. Kill 'em!
              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Capital punishment is a must.

This about killing arseholes

not capitals

why punish the capitals?!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                  Is he not just the most adorable, precious little thing you ever saw? How in the hell can anyone do something like that to one so beautiful. Personally I think it should be an eye for an eye. Bash them in the head with the shovel and be done with it! I'm with Sloww. Kill 'em!
                  This post is an excellent illustration of everything that's wrong with the death penalty.
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                    Christ, thats horrible. Do you have the death penalty over there?
                    No European country does, it's one of the conditions to be able to join.

As to the story...
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva

No European country does, it's one of the conditions to be able to join.

As to the story...
                      TBH Alva, I'm against the death penalty but I've had a few beers and that story really got to me. Something like that makes you think, why should people like that be allowed to live?

Comment

That is what I think of the death penalty

some people should not be allowed to live

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron

This post is an excellent illustration of everything that's wrong with the death penalty.
                          Normally I'm against the death penalty, but to take the life of an innocent child who has done nothing to warrant it.....well, ok then you tell me what kind of punishment you think is appropriate for this lovely little crime.
                          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

TBH Alva, I'm against the death penalty but I've had a few beers and that story really got to me. Something like that makes you think, why should people like that be allowed to live?
                            I know, I get the same feeling when reading it (and I didn't have any beers ).

I wouldn't shed a tear either if the bastards were killed but it's not up us to kill. None of us have the right to do so, and thus, neither does the state.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hogswallop.

The state can send men with guns to kill other people, the state can condemn to death for horrible crimes. Choosing not to is not the same as not having the right to.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X