No announcement yet.

Los Angeles is friggin' BIG!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yes, everything else is woods or trailers. I'm missing most of the really small communities, but we're talking about places where you can see a "Now Leaving" sign and think, "what, did I just go through a city?"

in similar quantities?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az

And yes, everything else is woods or trailers. I'm missing most of the really small communities, but we're talking about places where you can see a "Now Leaving" sign and think, "what, did I just go through a city?"

in similar quantities?
      Sometimes it seems that way...

But really, there's about 6 acres of timberland per person in Arkansas. The amount is probably double or triple that for my part of the state...

(Arkansas population density - 20/km^2)
      (Israel population density - 294/km^2)
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

btw, even the towns are rather sparce, really, mrmitchell

I mean, same zoom ( almost the entire country is shown, btw )

upper blob, marks some >300k.
        lower blob encircles some >750k
        Attached Files
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yes, Tokyo was a trip to remember.

Tokyo isn't even a good example of the urbanization pattern I'm talking about though; it actually has enough room to sprawl a bit. Go to Kobe and you'll really see the difference.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            I think the regular earthquakes have something to do with that.
            Too right Hong Kong and New York don't have earthquakes, Japan and Los Angeles do

It's wasn't until the late 60's that improved construction methods were sufficient to permit buildings in L.A. to be more than 5 stories high. That's one reason we're so spread out.

Comment

Another is that you steal all of norcals water
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Nonsense. The water belongs to the state and since we make up 75% of the state's population we are always willing to have a fair vote about who should get the water.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

similar to what's about to happen to Nevada in the near future. We are doomed to repeating California's mistakes. That's what happens when so many Californians move to our state.

Comment

I didn't even realize my city had a flag. I have no idea what it means. nor do I care.

here's our seal. What the hell is a seal used for anyways? who cares about a city's seal?

Comment

• Here's Knoxville on the same scale as LA (100 miles up).

I skewed the map to show Knoxville and Chattanooga (100 miles apart). Interesting that the hour:15 it takes me to drive to Chattanooga that I'm crossing the same amount of space that is occupied by greater LA.

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Metro Atlanta...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• You shouldn't drive John, you should be on board the Chattanooga choo-choo.

*Track 29*

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                              What the hell is a seal used for anyways?
                              (1) Letterhead
                              (2) Decorations on the wall of the chamber of the city council and on the mayors office.
                              (3) Maybe also on the side of police cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                                You shouldn't drive John, you should be on board the Chattanooga choo-choo.

*Track 29*
                                The C-CC doesn't even go through Knoxville.

And if it did, I'd still drive. Time is the most precious resource on the planet - why waste it by taking a mode of transportation that isn't time-efficient as well as cost-efficient?

Comment

Working...
                                X