No announcement yet.

Los Angeles is friggin' BIG!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the definition: you may use the population that lives within the formal borders of a municipality, or you may use the numbers of the wider metropolitan area.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I know that. But the thread opened by talking about Los Angeles County.

Comment

Who cares what the thread started with. My post is witty and interesting.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

You must have lots to do out there

Whats your NASCAR Track name?

Ya got one dun ya?

I mean ya got Race Relations..so where do ya race with them thar relatshuns?

My point is Los Angelas has a huge city and unfortunately huge problems

I wish you well as you all grow more that your citty committment grows as well
          Attached Files
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

My baaaaaddddd

I saw Los Angelas is friggin' BIG!!

I apologize, I failed to read all the article contained within
            Attached Files

Comment

Los Angeles is one city in a huge county. (Like Chicago in Cook county)

NYC (by far still number one in the US baby!) is one city, five counties.

I wonder which makes more sense.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

California Motor Speedway, in Fontana.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                  Los Angeles is one city in a huge county. (Like Chicago in Cook county)

NYC (by far still number one in the US baby!) is one city, five counties.

I wonder which makes more sense.
                  When the city expands to fill the county, the county government should dissolve.

!

Comment

It's a big one too!

I've been to Sears Point, the road track outside of Santa Rosa

California has a couple good ones
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Grandpa Troll, I thought some brainwashed ******* sued the LA county by claiming those crosses and the Apostle were an insult to his religion
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

When the city expands to fill the county, the county government should dissolve.

!
                        There are no county governments in the Five Boroughs., thought each county has kept its own District Attorney.

Besides, NYC did not "fill out", but instead New York City (then NY County and Richmond County) joined with the City of Brooklyn (Kings county) and all the townships and small cities in Queens County to form the modern NYC. Then the Bronx became its own county after NYC was one.

Nassau was invited to join NYC but opted out.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                          Grandpa Troll, I thought some brainwashed ******* sued the LA county by claiming those crosses and the Apostle were an insult to his religion
                          Ya never know, its California and anything is possible

Well, found another seal and yes its different
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Plus Sears Point, which, IIRC, is in Pomona?

Comment

No, that's north of San Francisco, in Sonoma if I recall.

Comment

There are a number of other cities in LA county though they're basically just bedroom communities economicaly dependent upon LA. They just keep themselves seperate because they want to maintain control of the schools and so they can make sure their tax money stays local instead of being dumped into things like the Belmont learning center.

Now there was an absolute boondoggle caused by the cities black council members. They so wanted a huge new high school and community college for their run down neighborhood that they ignored all the health and safety rules by building it on top of one of the last large undeveloped lots in that part of the city... Which just happened to be an old oil field/processing facility which was contaminated with V.O.C.s, P.A.Hs, vinyl clouride, and a host of other nasty cancer causing substances. They ended up dumping $350-$400 million into this white elephant when they originally demanded it be built on a brown field site because it would save $10 million. All the other new learning centers only cost around $50 million.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X