No announcement yet.

Damn hobos and squeegies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many/most homeless people are either crazy, addicts or both.

It wouldn't be too hard for a sane person to work their way back from the street. But that's not the situation most of the time.

The number of "lazy homeless" is a lot smaller than some of you think...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

KH
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Alot of people are asking, "why can't they get a job?" Well sometimes they are so far down it's hard to get back up again. They've become disenfranchised. There are programs out there to help them get back on their feet.

If you want to help some of these people, and don't like giving handouts, give some money organizations like Chrysalis, which help get homeless people off the streets and back into the workforce:

Chrysalis helps people who are navigating barriers to the workforce prepare for, find, and keep jobs. Our services are free and available to all.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

We don't have a lot of homeless people here.

It's amazing how much stress people in this city can take. Some experts came here, looked at the crowd, and thought we had to be all bonkers.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
            I work for my money, they should too.
            Haven't you seen them recycling? Or did you really bother to think about it?
            I have no compassion for losers.
            That's too bad, because we need a lot more compassion for each other in this world. But the issue isn't whether you have compassion or not. I just hope you don't beat them up or abuse them. Some other stupid kids have done that.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Haven't you seen them recycling? Or did you really bother to think about it?
              Pleeeaaaasse....Are you just trolling or you're serious....
              If they recycle so much, why are they still begging so much. And recycling is not a job, it's a duty as a human being. Besides, I recycle probably more than 20 of them put together, I recycle everything.

That's too bad, because we need a lot more compassion for each other in this world. But the issue isn't whether you have compassion or not. I just hope you don't beat them up or abuse them. Some other stupid kids have done that.
              Dude, why the hell would I abuse them or beat them up? What would be the purpose? The're low enough as it is...I'm 28, not 15.
              I have compassion for those who have mental problems or handicaps, but for the normal ones, they can just freeze to death, it's their problem, not mine. But I wont waste my time harrassing them. No point to that.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Dude, why the hell would I abuse them or beat them up? What would be the purpose? The're low enough as it is...I'm 28, not 15.
                I have compassion for those who have mental problems or handicaps, but for the normal ones, they can just freeze to death, it's their problem, not mine. But I wont waste my time harrassing them. No point to that.
                Excuse me but you are coming off like a 15 year old psychopath. I'm just wondering how far your hatred goes for them, that's all.

Now it sounds like you are apologizing for your stated views. Obviously they all have some problems. You didn't seem sympathetic to them before. What kind of a 'normal person' is homeless. I mean come one, if they were normal they wouldn't be homeless. The point is, they are human beings, no matter what their problem is. We all have problems. Theirs happen to result in homelessness. Seriously, you are 28 and you think like a 15 year old punk.

Comment

Well, you're right, we all have problems. And yours is understanding what I'm saying. And Amplifing what you think I'm saying. I suggest you read back the whole thread.

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

If they recycle so much, why are they still begging so much.
                    It is possible that selling collected recyclable items doesn't pay a whole lot.

I recycle probably more than 20 of them put together, I recycle everything.
                    If you use less
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Spec must be a dumpster diver.

Comment

Nice comeback.

Spec.

Comment

LOL @ Spec competing with homeless people

You must be great at parties

Comment

So now I'm competing with the homeless...

Nice troll

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                            X