Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    Hey SPEC!

You gots any money to spare? I take paypal!
    I get rather suspicious, if a hobo has a sign with Paypal details.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
      how is it prejudice? they are crazy, have no home, and want money because they sprayed your window with dirty water?
      If you treat them differently then it's prejudice. For example, I was at a laundry mat the other day, and the owner told a homeless man that he couldn't dry his cloths because his clothes stunk. I didn't smell the mans cloths. Maybe they did stink, but the guy should be able to dry his clothes just like everyone else.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
        Prejudice against the homeless is a serious problem.
        How is it prejusdice?! They bug me all time time for money, so yes, they get on my nerves. If you can open a door all day long, you can get a job washing dishes...or whatever

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

If you treat them differently then it's prejudice. For example, I was at a laundry mat the other day, and the owner told a homeless man that he couldn't dry his cloths because his clothes stunk. I didn't smell the mans cloths. Maybe they did stink, but the guy should be able to dry his clothes just like everyone else.
          No, prejudice is judging without knowing. And I know they get on my nerves and can get a job if they really wanted to. They are roaches, in general.

And no he cant dry his clothes like anyone else because he'll stink up the machine. To use your example, it means that even if my shoes are full of mud or dog poo, I should be allowed to go to any restaurant without wipping them before entering....So **** everyone else...

The guy is trying to run a business for god sakes...not scare away customers....

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

You're all a bunch of hobophobes.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Nope, I'm not scared of them, hell, I'll even talk to them if thats what they want...but dont bug me for money if you can work. I hate leaches.

Spec.

Comment

The reason I am posting this is because here in Montreal, its getting out of hand....Hobos are constantly bugging us for money...But yesterday...it was just to much. I was at a friends appartment and a hobo came knocking! Asking us for change! I said sure, for how much...
                You gotta be kidding me! I live in downtown Montreal and I feel your pain, but I never heard of one actually knocking at a door! (Fortunately, they can't at my place, since its locked downstairs and there's a security guard.) I never give them money. First of all, I'm poor. Second, I heard some social workers claim on TV that you're not helping them by doing so. Don't remember the reason. Maybe because they'll use it to buy some booze.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                  No, prejudice is judging without knowing.
                  It's more than that. It's hatred towards individuals because they belong to a specific group. Perhaps you know that all homeless people are the way you say they are. I doubt it, but it's a possibility. That doesn't really matter, because you hate them regardless.
                  And no he cant dry his clothes like anyone else because he'll stink up the machine. To use your example, it means that even if my shoes are full of mud or dog poo, I should be allowed to go to any restaurant without wipping them before entering....So **** everyone else...

The guy is trying to run a business for god sakes...not scare away customers....
                  Not letting people put poop in the machine is something completely different, and I'm sure you can see that. It's not based on prejudice. And if people don't want to go to a laundry mat because they might smell a homeless person then maybe there's something about society that needs changing. At one time people in the South didn't want to eat at a restaurant where they might have to eat next to a black person.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I'm pretty sure society will always be adverse to stinky people.

Comment

homeless people arent always drug addicts, but they all certainly have problems.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

My friend and I once gave booze to a hobo who was drinking a nasty bottle (a defrosting liquid I think). I think we actually helped him.
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Dissolve all that crystallised oxalic acid in his kidneys that would eventually lead to renal failure...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Don't you think you're being kind of hard on them?
                            Think about it a minute. What have squeegies done to you? They play an important role, and you damn them?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

squeegies represent all that is wrong with this country!
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                They've formed a union?? Oh this is just great.
                                The "Beggars' Association" is a staple in Chinese martial arts novels.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X