Church + Girlfriend problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oerdin

If she's that deep into a Penticostal then the answer is no.

About the only advice I can give the OP poster is to explain your feelings about the current church, tell her you do have faith but that the current church is not one which you wish to attend, then ask her to come with her to find a new church which you can both agree on. 75% chance she's to deep into this wacky church to ever leave and will dump you but there is still that 25%. Either way you will be happier and if she doesn't go then she is unwilling to compromise on anything and you'd end up being a bitter man if you faked it anyway.
    Honest and forthright, yet diplomatic and seeking a middle ground.

The perfect response.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sn00py
      I think you're over-hyping sex.
      Apparently, you're under-hyping it.

I would (probably) never marry a woman if I hadn't already had sex with her. I would hope the woman that wants to marry me includes my performance, my issues, and how she feels about sex with me (whether it makes her feel lust or love), because it is most certainly important in any long-term relationship.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Snoop, the light of truth is shining down on your eyes! You only need to open them up! See the Lord through the miracles around us! Open your eyes! Is it not the fool who has the evidence of the Lord all around him but refuses to see? Open your eyes! I see before us a man seeking for answers! A man lost in a world of secular ambivalence! You know what I'm talking about! A man looking for truth! Looking for the only truth in a world gone mad! I'll tell you, I'll tell all of you, he's found it! He only needs to open his eyes! Open those eyes, Snoop! Open them up to the Lord! Can I have a "Hallelujah!"? Can I have a "Praise the Lord!"? Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord. PRAISE THE LORD! And a good Amen to you all!
        Lol, that sounds like a direct excerpt from one of those God-shows..
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous

Apparently, you're under-hyping it.

I would (probably) never marry a woman if I hadn't already had sex with her. I would hope the woman that wants to marry me includes my performance, my issues, and how she feels about sex with me (whether it makes her feel lust or love), because it is most certainly important in any long-term relationship.

"Well honey, you only scored a 4 on fellatio. I'm afraid this isn't going to work."
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• They need a show like American Idol or even better that skating with stars thing where they hold up the signs!

8!

7!

8.5!
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi

"Well honey, you only scored a 4 on fellatio. I'm afraid this isn't going to work."
              Hells no it wouldn't. I mean, I don't have a system, but if I feel teeth, then I'll have no remorse giving her the taxi fare home.
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Hells no it wouldn't. I mean, I don't have a system, but if I feel teeth, then I'll have no remorse giving her the taxi fare home.
                although this is an oversimplification, I agree.
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• There is no better time to stick up for yourself then at the beginning of a relationship. When you let someone else get used to having their way in what are ultimately decisions that can only be made by you, then your relationship is built upon a very shaky foundation indeed. Sorry that it's come to this for you, and kudos on realizing that you've got to make a stand now, whatever its effect on your current relationship. The future is looking brighter for you whatever the outcome IMO.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Snoop, this is a nightmare. Especially that part of economic/living dependancy. Although you already said you're working on it, I repeat: change that immediately!!

Step2, if you really love her, try dragging her to a more moderate church. These charismatic communities are way too scary to possibly expose future children to them. There's so many women out there, and even if you can't find one for yourself, I've heard there are catalogues out there in East Asia . No, honestly, anything would be better than the current situation. If you love her, give her a decent chance to run with you, but run!
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                      I would hope the woman that wants to marry me includes my performance, my issues, and how she feels about sex with me (whether it makes her feel lust or love), because it is most certainly important in any long-term relationship.
                      Sure, but not that important.

I don't think a woman is going to marry a man just because he has stellar performance in bed.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Sure, but not that important.

I don't think a woman is going to marry a man just because he has stellar performance in bed.
                        No, yet few things may turn out so badly as when a married couple isn't sexually compatible.
                        Sure, it would be equally bad if you find out that you're incompatible on other issues, like religion or politics etc., but that's why we talk to each other before marrying.
                        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                          I am surprised that they have those kind of churches in Singapore.
                          Ignorance knows no boundries.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Yeah, I thought we were talking about a church in the US...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Dump the church and dump the b*tch!
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Wow.

Snoopy, I wish you luck whatever you decide to do. You're in deep, man. Ouch.

-Arrian

p.s. From an outsider's perspective, it's pretty clear: get outta there, pronto! But I understand how hard it can be.
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X