Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wycoff

That can be arranged
    As long as I take one with me it's all good.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yes, it is indeed tragic that elected representatives get to examine someone appointed by the prime minister, usually one of his cronies.
      Of course, we shouldn't doubt the almighty wisdom of the PMO.

Are you sure you want Mr. Harper selecting whatever justice strikes his fancy, Tingkai?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Over my dead body. Literally.
        Kill two birds with one stone.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
          Of course, we shouldn't doubt the almighty wisdom of the PMO.

Are you sure you want Mr. Harper selecting whatever justice strikes his fancy, Tingkai?
          He's going to anyway.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Its really quite simple. Amerca = evil, so anything that is done in an American way, even something logicial, necessary, and democratic, also = evil.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Canadian PM was doing it before, is doing it now and will be doing with this new 'reform' anyways.
              The only thing that it creates is some more things for government officials to waste time upon and pretend they're 'working hard' to ensure national prosperity.
              Well, of course apart from such useless discussions as this one..
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

This is a step in the right direction. I can't wait for the day that the PMO has no other responsability than to sign off on the choice made by the commitee(s) responsible for designating and reviewing the nominee.
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  It's not going to make a whit of difference, as the prime minister is the head of the majority in a parliamentary system. Currently you don't have a minority or coalition government, so the only potential trouble is a lot of PC representatives breaking rank.

How can somebody be consistently so wrong?

Canada has a minority gov't.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I see a great benefit in Canadians being more aware of the people who will have a large of amount of power over our lives.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                      A canadian view
                      It would be better if your 'Canadian viewer' could know what he's talking about.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                      X