Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you marry someone who couldn't have children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you marry someone who couldn't have children?

This is a good thread to get to know one's character. I'm not saying there is any right or wrong answer here. I just like to hear differing viewpoints (why I like this place).

So please vote in the poll and explain yourself. . Yes I know in some cases there is the possibility of technology solving some of these problems. And this thread essentually boils down to how much you really want children.

I changed the title from woman to someone so women can participate in this thread. As it is possible a man couldn't have children for some medical reason.

As for myself, if I felt it was true love, I would marry her. That is something I could not possibly give up. And I'm not sure I really want children. I've been told I shouldn't reproduce. . While I think I could teach a child a lot of things (I think I'm a good teacher), it's not high on my list of priorities. I need to find true love first...

As for the gay posters, this thread probably isn't for you. Sorry. . There are lots of things that aren't for you. Like birth control.
    Yes
    71.43%
    No
    22.86%
    all I want to do is raise banana trees
    5.71%

Re: Would you marry someone who couldn't have children?

Originally posted by Dis

As for the gay posters, this thread probably isn't for you. Sorry. . There are lots of things that aren't for you.

Oh well -- carry on.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

think of all the money you save on birth control.

Comment

I left out the part of birth control in the quote of my post because I don't desire the capacity to get pregnant anyway.

Comment

As for myself, if I felt it was true love, I would marry her. That is something I could not possibly give up.
          I don't know if this surprises anyone, but yes, I would rather not give up someone that I was truly in love with even if they couldn't have kids.

And I really would like my own family. I like kids and would love to have my own.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

I don't know if this surprises anyone, but yes, I would rather not give up someone that I was truly in love with even if they couldn't have kids.

But, but . . . . . what about your obsession with procreation?

Comment

It would be a negative thing, I would probably be less interested in persuing things with a girl that I knew couldn't have children, and so wouldn't marry them. However, if I was in love I might (although I would want to have a child using someone elses egg and my sperm then).

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

This would actually be a good thing, because then we'd both be able to drink booze without having to worry about birth defects. Kids can always be adopted.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I left out the part of birth control in the quote of my post because I don't desire the capacity to get pregnant anyway

Ahh you just revealed your role
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Is your question excluded adoption???
                    bleh

Comment

The infertile can't help it. But people who marry the infertile are choosing to defy God's will that we be fruitful and multiply, and therefore are sinners.
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        It would be a negative thing, I would probably be less interested in persuing things with a girl that I knew couldn't have children, and so wouldn't marry them. However, if I was in love I might (although I would want to have a child using someone elses egg and my sperm then).

Jon Miller
                        Oh, you dirty boy!
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This poll makes it sound like it's negative when she can't have children!?! If I had a girl who couldn't get pregnent, then I wouldn't have to be scared, that she some day might come home, starting to talk about me having to build a room for our children
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Depends.

Infertility is a negative, as I really would want to have children of my own (btw, myself being infertile is one of the things I fear the most).
                            OTOH, if I really love her, and if she is willing to raise a family of adopted children / artificially conceived children, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. A bit sad, but not that much.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well my girlfriend has a condition that makes her extremely likely to suffer from ectopic pregnancies, so were to to manage to stay together long enough to get married, we'd probably not end up having kids. Hmm. Well I could live without them (Hell I'd be happy to adopt, especially if it means never having to change a nappy!), so it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X