X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In what way?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
      Rather wow at the prospect of a Liberal party organ spokesman accepting reality.

Perhaps it is a honeymoon, but I am detecting a willingness to look at alternatives to more of the same old Liberal formulae.
      Same thoughts on the 1st Tor Star article (dissecting the Martin downfall).

Keep in mind the Toronto Star still endorsed Martin and the Libs in the last campaign.

Gotta love the Star.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• How the hell is putting time limits on negotiations bargaining in good faith?
        The treaty process is stalled. Negotiations without any foreseeable conclusion are hardly negotiations in good faith.

I think we should put the impetus on the representatives of the government and the First Nations to reach a settlement.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Guess who wins that one.

"Oops, sorry First Nations! Time just ran out! It looks like we'll just have to impose a deal on you!"

Yeah, real fair.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• And how is that different from today?

We have no treaties, under the current process, not a single one signed. Just endless negotiations where the only people who benefit are the lawyers.

Haven't you ever heard that justice delayed is justice denied?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Native peoples in BC have been waiting 100 years for their rights to be recognised. Another 10 or 20 years is nothing if it means a fair deal. Imposing a deal on them is not justice, it's a desperate ploy by governments that have run out of stalling time.

It's not true that we have no treaties, either. We have the Nisga'a deal, which took 20 years to negotiate. We'd have more if the provincial government was interested in bargaining in good faith. In fact, there are several treaties that should have been signed years ago, and would have been if the BC Liberals hadn't decided to make native-bashing one of their priorities during their first term. Look for the first of them to finally get signed as we get closer to the Olympics.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• It's not true that we have no treaties, either. We have the Nisga'a deal, which took 20 years to negotiate.
                True, but that required special intervention in order to reach completion.

We'd have more if the provincial government was interested in bargaining in good faith. In fact, there are several treaties that should have been signed years ago, and would have been if the BC Liberals hadn't decided to make native-bashing one of their priorities during their first term
                Ok, so the problem of a time limit, is that it puts increased pressure on the government to reach a settlement? I agree, we need to negotiate a fair deal, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                X