CANPOL: Today is election day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a heck of a surprise though.

Jonquiere-Alma. No one had the Conservatives at a plurality.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• In my circonscription:
      Beauport-Limoilou(Québec City)

2004:
      Bloc Québecois:49,47%
      Libéral:25,73%
      Conservatives:16,01%
      NPD: 4,10%

2006:
      Conservatives:40,35%
      Bloc Québecois: 37,05%
      Libéral: 10,12%
      NPD:7,81%
      (And I forget the Marxism-Leninism: 0,52%)

I was pretty sure that never the conservative was able to win this circonscription.
      bleh

Comment

• Martin is showing some class in defeat, and resigning from leadership.

Bon voyage!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Liza Frulla lost his circonscription...

She was doing a good job with the liberals....
          bleh

Comment

• Anyone have seen the participation rates?
            bleh

Comment

• The next campaign starts within weeks of the Liberals wrapping up their leadership.

18 months it is. The Tories get their first budget and main aims through, and then we go to the polls again on the second.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Martin is stepping down as Liberal leader . .. . . This gives the Conservatives probably 6-8 months before the Liberals would even want to think about forcing an election and likely at least a year
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Budget in 3 months, second budget in 15. Election in 16 months.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• My money is on Brian Tobin as next Liberal leader.
                    What?

Comment

• @Notyou
                      No: You think wrong.

The first political party to cause an election will be punished in election by voters. I'm sure of this. If Bloc cause the next election, they will be ass kick by voters. Same thing for libs and NPD.
                      I think all the political party, now need some time to think about their own issue. (Mainly Bloc and Liberals)

I pretty sure we will be free of election in the next 4 years.

Originally posted by notyoueither
                      The next campaign starts within weeks of the Liberals wrapping up their leadership.

18 months it is. The Tories get their first budget and main aims through, and then we go to the polls again on the second.
                      bleh

Comment

• Not over yet, boys.

There are still plenty of Liberal holds that they are fighting out with the Bloc.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Anyone of you who are listening the t.v.:
                          What are the participation rates?

thanks,

CrONoS_QC
                          bleh

Comment

• cronos, the Liberals won a majority the last time they tossed a Conservative minority after just 6 months.

If they think they can win, they will force the writ to be thrown down.

I'd like for the Tories to be happy governing with the Bloc in support. A lot of good things could come about for federalism and Canada, but I do not think the Tories will want to govern long with the Bloc in support, nor the Bloc long in supporting the Tories. Both stand to lose base support from that arrangement.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by cronos_qc
                              Liza Frulla lost his circonscription...
                              There's one i'm not going to miss. I wish Stephane Dion had lost too.
                              What?

Comment

• @Notyou
                                We will see, but I dont think we can compare these two situation.

I think for liberals and Bloc they have very big work to do inside their own party.

In Quebec, the Bloc will focus on the next provincial election next year. To help the Parti Quebecois.

Again, we will see, but there will be a lot of action at Ottawa in the next 4 years(or less).

Originally posted by notyoueither
                                cronos, the Liberals won a majority the last time they tossed a Conservative minority after just 6 months.

If they think they can win, they will force the writ to be thrown down.

I'd like for the Tories to be happy governing with the Bloc in support. A lot of good things could come about for federalism and Canada, but I do not think the Tories will want to govern long with the Bloc in support, nor the Bloc long in supporting the Tories. Both stand to lose base support from that arrangement.
                                bleh

Comment

Working...
                                X