Keeping up with the Jones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping up with the Jones.

I guess I'm not doing a very good job of it. An old friend from high school just bought a $3.25 million house in Berkley over looking San Francisco Bay. I guess I should have studied computers instead of rocks.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy for him but I am a bit jealous.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Don't worry, I didn't make the same mistake so when I buy my house next door to your buddy, you can stay over any time you want and we can BBQ and get drunk and stuff. That could almost make for a block party, so you know, you can come.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I haven't spoken to him since 1995 or so and I only heard about it because a mutual friend (who I remet through myspace after 10 years) posted a blog with some pictures. A very nice house. Why a single guy needs a 6 bedroom Victorian I'm not sure but he has one.

Comment

GO JACK HIM
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why do people compare themselves with other people in terms of such frivulous things as material success?
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

maybe the spare 5 bedrooms are for the poor and hungry?
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              Why do people compare themselves with other people in terms of such frivulous things as material success?
              I agree. There are better things to compare, like who looks better or who has the hotter wife...er, partner.
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous

I agree. There are better things to compare, like who looks better or who has the hotter wife...er, partner.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

But I don't have a wife.

I need a Republican trophy wife!
                  Alternatively winning the lotto would also work.

Comment

Conspicuous consuption is for stupid people

Comment

Reading this thread, I realized I really don't care all that much for material wealth; aside from my computer, a decent home entertainment system, there's not much I spend my money on..I like my place to look nice, but not in an extravagant manner. I'm not really interested in owning an expensive car, or a super-expensive house - such things are for the more insecure.

Comment

What would you prefer they compare?
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Spiritual capital
                          In da butt.

Comment

My SO and I have our home all planned out.

We're going to deck out a home theatre room with a great big-screen TV and sound system and a gaming room with 2 great gaming rigs hooked up with a gigabit switch.

There will also be a bedroom and bathroom and kitchen, I think.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

you forgot to mention the gay orgy room .. :shakeshead:
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X