Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PowerBook is dead; MacBook Pro is here (Intel-based)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlike those antipodean sheep-botherers, we are to infer?
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
      Unlike those antipodean sheep-botherers, we are to infer?
      I don't know. I refrain from moving to within 100 yards of Australians because their smell makes me vomit.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Best name for the new MacBook.. from /.

TSC (The Scottish Computer)
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

The government buys these ThinkPads in droves, particularly.

That's probably not such a good idea now that the Chinese make the ThinkPad...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

I guess sentences with more than noun verb noun are too complex for you Southern cow molesters.
            Actually, the simple fact that you don't like CivIV suggests a lack of intelligence, which is why the corrected form of your sentence has poor grammar--it's to keep the "flavor" the same.

Besides, shouldn't it be referred to as "Subject Verb Object (SVO)"? "I" isn't a noun, it's a pronoun.
            B♭3

Comment

What isn't made in China these days?

ThinkPads are designed in South Carolina. Even after Lenovo bought the brand.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Actually, the simple fact that you don't like CivIV suggests a lack of intelligence, which is why the corrected form of your sentence has poor grammar--it's to keep the "flavor" the same.

Besides, shouldn't it be referred to as "Subject Verb Object (SVO)"? "I" isn't a noun, it's a pronoun.
                I don't find the Civilzation games to be sophisticated enough to sustain my interest any more. Civ 1 was probably the best of them all simply because it was new at the time. But there's just a lot more to do in a game like Victoria. Plus I am a fan of historical accuracy, so the Paradox titles just appeal to me more. Different Strokes for different folks... some people just like different sorts of games. I don't play shoot 'em ups either. I like historical strategy games, RPGs and flight simulators.

I did play WoW a lot, but I've packed that in because the game seems to have become plagued with technical problems in the last month.

God knows what I'll do now. I think I might try to actually finish a game of Victoria... lol

Grammatical point conceded...
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Heh. Heh. You said different "strokes". Heh. Perv.

That said, I disagree on the complexity argument; there are some, naturally, which must be abstracted away, but my issue with Paradox games doesn't lie with difficulty/complexity, and more on gameplay mechanics, which I don't find that entertaining.

As far as historical accuracy, I prefer rewriting as opposed to replaying. Bollocks on historical accuracy, my Daoist Judaic Russian Cossacks will crush everyone.

And as far as the grammatical point:

omg yu0 g0t pwn3d!!!111
                  B♭3

Comment

As far as historical accuracy, I prefer rewriting as opposed to replaying. Bollocks on historical accuracy, my Daoist Judaic Russian Cossacks will crush everyone.
                    lol

I like rewriting, but I like the background to be a little deeper. Just a personal preference.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

what do you think of the MacBook's quality Asher (in comparison to the Thinkpad)

JM
                      (not that I can afford one..)
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I've never used a MacBook, but if it's like the aluminum powerbooks, they're probably better than HPs and Compaqs, but below ThinkPads.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'd like to point out for those who have contributed in the past to the Apple Death Knell Counter, that Apple is poised to surpass Dell in market valuation.

As of 10:58am ET, Market values: Apple: $72,301,066,720, Dell: $72,912,111,560

HP is worth about 87 Billion. I guess they are next.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            I've never used a MacBook, but if it's like the aluminum powerbooks, they're probably better than HPs and Compaqs, but below ThinkPads.
                            "Probably" better than HPs and Compaqs?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              what do you think of the MacBook's quality Asher (in comparison to the Thinkpad)

JM
                              (not that I can afford one..)
                              The main reason you would buy any Macintosh is the Mac OS.

The quality of Powerbooks is superb. I have one. Nothing ever seems to go wrong with it.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Honestly? Apple is one of those companies I'd like to see drop their original product line.

Apple should kick out of the computer business, and focus on software/consumer electronics.

Nintendo should kick out of the console business, and focus on making software/games.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X