Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a PG movie that kids and adults can enjoy. Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a PG movie that kids and adults can enjoy. Suggestions?

My wife somehow got roped into having to pick a movie for a "movie night" at her church. The movie has to be either G or PG.

I suggested to her The Incredibles as I know that it is a movie that both ages can enjoy, but she said she was hoping for one that was more "under the radar".

So, any suggestions that might fit these criteria?
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Shrek and my favorite children's movie the Lion King
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Assuming the church isn't a nutty OMFG HP IS WITCHCRAFT! kind of church.

Comment

Home Alone

Classic
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Narnia (though I haven' seen it and don't plan to)

edit: though that's not out on video yet. unless you use some underhanded means...

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
            Home Alone

Classic
            that movie sucked.

Comment

Yes, Shrek or the sequel are both excellent movies.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Antz

Monsters, Inc
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Babe.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Labyrinth
                    Sleeping Beauty
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

The New Narnia movie is PG13. It's even a Christian alligory so they bible thumpers would likely enjoy it.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I believe it's PG, not PG-13

Comment

I just caught "Ball of Fire" on cable over the weekend. I'd forgotten how charming it is.

Barbara Stanwick is a nightclub singer who's being sought by the police as a material witness because she witnessed her mobster boyfriend commit a murder. She takes refuge in a house containing eight professors who are writing an encyclopedia. Seven of them are old fuddy-duddies; the eighth is Gary Cooper who's so uptight he can hardly move.

Or another old movie along the same lines: "Bringing Up Baby" with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn.

Comment

Actually, if you're going the old-movie route, I can't say enough good things about Danny Kaye's The Court Jester. A splendid time will be had by all.
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

The Incredibles.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X