Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Protestant and Jewish Families Rule the Earth

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Odin
    The Cain and Able story is a mythologization of ther comflict between early farmers and hunter-gatherers.
    Daniel Quinn is full of sh*t.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

    Comment


    • comflicts

      not to be confused with "commie flicks"

      To us, it is the BEAST.

      Comment


      • And all of that was a rationalization of your deep-seated Freudian urges to rebel against "father figures," in this case represented by religion. Boy, this distant-psychoanalysis IS fun!!

        (seriously though, cut the crap)
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Elok
          (seriously though, cut the crap)
          Who are we talking to here?
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cyclotron
            Who are we talking to here?
            Odin and his many tortured "explanations." We just got rid of Philo for a whole week (more if Ming would kindly ban him in the interval), I was hoping to have a nice reconciliation wherein all of us, Christian, Atheist, and Agnostic alike, laugh heartily and agree that guy was a spit-flecked lunatic. Then we can go right back to discussing Tara Reid's buttocks. And all shall be right in the world.

            As opposed to more convoluted theories which happen to sort of fit the facts without being really supported by them. Enough already!
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

            Comment


            • No one is forcing you to read the thread.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

              Comment


              • Philosophiser does not have a monopoly on spit-flecked lunacy!
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

                Comment


                • The more interesting question is, why does Civ bother?

                  CivNation has already cast his "pearls" before us "swine".....so why come back for more?

                  He's already done what his cult demands, God's sovereign power to save whom he will fizzled out as usual (remember god does all the work so civ doesn't have to feel bad about not saving anyone).

                  So why come back a second time? Since God has already chosen not to save Apolyton Off-Topic, isn't coming back a second time tempting god?

                  Anyway, I believe CivNation is either:
                  a) a young boy pretending to be a fundie to piss people off and start big threads
                  b) mentally ill
                  c) sincere but evil
                  "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                  "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                  "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

                  Comment


                  • I know nobody's forcing me, I just wanted to divert the thread to laughing at him behind his back (yes, very Christian impulse, I know), as opposed to more sniping.

                    EDIT: Somewhere between B and C, imo. He's too quick to bury us with bible quotes to be a teenaged troll. Wasn't much of a troll anyway, since nobody was on his side. No real argument, just a variety of different people calling him a moron with varying degrees of politeness. Sadly, he's probably sincere more than mentally ill...my GF says he's pretty much identical to tons of other Calvinists she knew growing up, except maybe a bit more brazen about it. Mental illness isn't that common.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Elok
                      my GF
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

                      Comment


                      • Yeah, I want one. Better stop wasting time on this board.
                        Lime roots and treachery!
                        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Elok
                          As opposed to more convoluted theories which happen to sort of fit the facts without being really supported by them. Enough already!
                          I can believe that the Cain and Abel story symbolizes the rise of agriculture vs traditional hunting-gathering. After all, Genesis is supposed to be the old history of the world.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Cyclotron
                            Yeah, I want one. Better stop wasting time on this board.
                            1. Make a new group of friends that includes girls
                            2. Befriend them, and get to know them.
                            3. Hit on that cute girl who happens to be single. Succeed

                            I'm in step 2 of the process (I've borked step 3 no sooner than today ), and yet I still manage to have a token presence here
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Spiffor

                              I can believe that the Cain and Abel story symbolizes the rise of agriculture vs traditional hunting-gathering. After all, Genesis is supposed to be the old history of the world.
                              Please take your discussion to this thread:

                              Lime roots and treachery!
                              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Spiffor

                                1. Make a new group of friends that includes girls
                                2. Befriend them, and get to know them.
                                3. Hit on that cute girl who happens to be single. Succeed

                                I'm in step 2 of the process (I've borked step 3 no sooner than today ), and yet I still manage to have a token presence here
                                Step 2 is easy; there's a lot of girls I'm good friends with. The problem is that I'm also good friends with their boyfriends. At a school with only 1,400 students in the middle of nowhere, it's devilishly hard to find attractive, single people.
                                Lime roots and treachery!
                                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X