Greatest genius in history vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    I don't understand why you put Jesus on the list. I don't think anyone ever called the man a genius, per se.

Bonaparte? Uh, no.

Darwin? Dawin has a theory. I have a theory. So what?
    Just a theory, huh? What new theory have you come up with lately based on empirical evidence that has changed the way people view the world? And its funny you chose Einstein because all he had was 'just a theory' too, based on your logic.

Aristotle & Plato? Deep thinkers. I do that every morning.
    Based upon your post I seriously doubt that.

Mozart, Shakespeare, and Da Vinci were gifted in the arts. I don't know about being greatest genius though
    Nikolai Tesla? We're getting a little closer.

Isaac Newton? Now this is tempting. Truly.

However, my choice from this list has to go to...Einstein.
    Smart enough that no one can understand him, yet with the ability of SIMPLE logic that rivals that of the last pick, a monkey with a banana.
    Maybe you should refresh your knowledge on da Vinci. One of the greatest in art, engineering, invention, and science ever. Now you could argue if this would make him the greatest genius, but he was a lot more than just a gifted artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
      Tesla pwnz Einstein. I mean, Einstein is just theory. Did these theories change the world? Not really.
      yah they did

Comment

I Demand that Grog be put on the list
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
          No moon landing or Hiroshima nuking without Einstein
          we could have done well without those things. Neither were necessary.

Comment

I might agree as far as the moon landing is concerned

Comment

The monkey for the win!

Anyway, depends upon what you consider a "genius" to be...
              www.devioustyrant.com

Comment

Darwin wasn't the only one to come up with the idea of Evolution. However, his prominence at the time that he published the idea gave it more acceptance. Prominence ~= genius.

E=mc^2 would have come about without Einstein. General Relativity is what he should be known for.
                LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Comment

No moon landing or Hiroshima nuking without Einstein
                    umm... really?

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Thedrin
                      Darwin wasn't the only one to come up with the idea of Evolution. However, his prominence at the time that he published the idea gave it more acceptance. Prominence ~= genius.

E=mc^2 would have come about without Einstein. General Relativity is what he should be known for.
                      And yet, he got the Nobel Prize for....
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Not for E=mc^2.

He got the nobel prize for quantum physics instead. Explaining the photoelectric effect to be precise.

Comment

Sorry, did you not get my post or were you clarifying for others that he got recognised for neither.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

No, it was that the Nobel for the year he published it was given to someone else. They later gave him the Nobel for his current work (photoelectric effect) because they can't award for past work. But everybody new it was really for relativity.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Don't they always award for past work?

Comment

Don't they always award for past work?
                                Not for Heisenberg- they weren't certain what to award it for to him.

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X