No announcement yet.

Reporting live from the fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok here we are still wating it out aparently the fire is not ompletly out they have a crane to move debres around to find the serious hot spots. The bulidings were all 3 stories and the top two floors in all of the bulididng are all now located on the bottom floors. They fire department says this fire can get out of hand again since the building collapsed so fast.
    Mobious we all out here were concerned for the families that just lost everything. He were out there in the cold and wind gusts hugging and talking ot our neighbors. When they new their building was gone we were all even them praying the wind would die down so as not to take our building. The flames came as close as two feet from a dry tree in fron of my bedroom window. and with the wind blowing so hard all the hot embers were blowing on our roof which could have set this building on fire too. we were lucky the fire department turned a hose briefly on our building to wet it down before anything real hot hit it.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

The folks around here have a little scuttle but as to some rumors. the lady whos apt the fire started in apparently had kerosene in her utility room just a rumor dont know fer sure. The shock for every one including all of us who were saved a complete loss is still fresh and unexplainable. For those that are un aware this ws a huge fire and we were basicly thrown out in the streets. our cars were parked in the area where the fire trucks set up station. we couldnt get out backwards. Tuber pulled our truck over the curb through the grass to get to a safer place. we still couldnt get out of the complex. we were all blocked in. So there fore for 6 hours we were forced in the street inhaling the smoke freezing with what little clothes when could grab in 10 minutes.
      To everyone else thank you for the wishes
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Yeah, I'm so glad both you and Tuber are alright.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
          You sound less and less sympathetic, and more and more arrogant atop your shaky moral high horse.
          QFT.

Glad the Tuberskis are safe and sound. Don't try to point and laugh at the burned-out building too much, lest MOBIUS go apoplectic.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The only thing that was pointed and laughed at today was my black 1983 Toyota Corolla. People said, "The bumper on that car got melted."

I went and looked, "Nah, that's the way it always looked."

ACK!
            Last edited by Tuberski; November 16, 2005, 23:57.
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Good to see you keeping a sense of humour about all this.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

MOBIUS, Why do you hate America?
                All I do is question the fact that no one thought to sympathise with the people that lost their houses and apparently I hate America...
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                  Ok here we are still wating it out aparently the fire is not ompletly out they have a crane to move debres around to find the serious hot spots. The bulidings were all 3 stories and the top two floors in all of the bulididng are all now located on the bottom floors. They fire department says this fire can get out of hand again since the building collapsed so fast.
                  Mobious we all out here were concerned for the families that just lost everything. He were out there in the cold and wind gusts hugging and talking ot our neighbors. When they new their building was gone we were all even them praying the wind would die down so as not to take our building. The flames came as close as two feet from a dry tree in fron of my bedroom window. and with the wind blowing so hard all the hot embers were blowing on our roof which could have set this building on fire too. we were lucky the fire department turned a hose briefly on our building to wet it down before anything real hot hit it.
                  Wow, until this post I hadn't realised how much of a close thing this, especially effectively being trapped by the fire like that! I'm glad you're safe and managed to make it out virtually unscathed.

Just trying to imagine what will happen to the people that did lose their houses though, I can imagine little worse than your whole life going up in smoke like that so I hope there is some kind of support network for people suddenly found in this kind of situation...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

All I do is question the fact that no one thought to sympathise with the people that lost their houses and apparently I hate America...
                    You obviously missed the joke. Admittedly, it was buried under less humorous comments, but really, you missed it. Which leads me to the conclusion that you, my friend, have no sense of humour. As the great, respected newsman Lewis Black has once said, people without a sense of humour--well, they become terrorists.

You do hate America, MOBIUS. You do.

===

As far as a perceived "lack of sympathy", you've made it crystal clear what happens when you assume.

===

As far as the other families are concerned... since this was an apartment complex, I'm not sure how it works, but... will they at least be receiving some sort of insurance? Something to help 'em rebuild?

Sucks that it's this close to Thanksgiving~ Can't imagine there'll be that many happy prayers for them, if any at all.
                    B♭3

Comment

Lewis Black He's funny as hell.

MOBIUS: the British Mr. Fun?

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

MOBIUS: the British Mr. Fun?

While Mr.Fun has his moments, I've yet to see him commit as large a faux pas as MOBIUS.
                        B♭3

Comment

I mean lack of sense of humor...

Anyway, enough picking on him.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

===

As far as a perceived "lack of sympathy", you've made it crystal clear what happens when you assume.

===

As far as the other families are concerned... since this was an apartment complex, I'm not sure how it works, but... will they at least be receiving some sort of insurance? Something to help 'em rebuild?

Sucks that it's this close to Thanksgiving~ Can't imagine there'll be that many happy prayers for them, if any at all.
                            1 of the 24 tenants affected had renter's insurance. I talked to the administration of the hospital I work for because 2 of the tenants worked for the hospital and they didn't know anything about the fire.

Hopefully they can help somewhat,

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                            X