Reporting live from the fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting live from the fire.

At this moment the apartment building across from us is in the process of burning down.

Two local fire depts. on the scene. They are being hampered by what looks to me, a lack of experience, and winds gusting up to 35 mph.

Stay Tuned...........

;p ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Are you upwind or downwind?

Stay safe you two...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Downwind unfortunately. Right now 6 units are up and the fire is spreading quickly.

Comment

Please stop posting from your home and move to somewhere safer.

Now.

Comment

We are being evacuated from our building. Hopefully I'll have a home to post from later.

ACK!

Comment

screw that. posting is more important than your life. Keep us informed!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
              We are being evacuated from our building. Hopefully I'll have a home to post from later.

ACK!
              STOP THAT!!

Jackass

Comment

I can't believe we're being abandoned because of a small fire.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Perhaps you're unfamiliar with how fast a "small fire" can turn into a big one given decently strong winds? It's a seasonal problem here in the west and even right around Reno "small fires" can quickly turn into major headaches for fire teams trying to keep the flames away from the city.

Comment

Enabler!
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

one time i saw a show on TV where they demonstrated a fire that might typically start in a hotel room (from say a knocked over candle or something)

it started off innocently as just a little burning, but then the curtains caught some and went up just like that, and they spread it to everywhere else, and give it a minute and the whole room was a den of hell...

i assume a lot of modern hotel room furnishings are fire retardent, though
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

they should be. The hotel industry learned well of our 2 massive hotel fires in Las Vegas in the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                          Enabler!
                          When you've had a good-sized brushfire under enabling wind conditions come to within a mile of your neighborhood, you tend to get a little nervous. Had that fire reached the established developement, it would have turned ugly. Fortunately that fire only claimed someone's storage shed out in an at-the-time-new developement that only had a few custom homes up (it's pretty well-developed now). The local and regional fire departments did a hell of a job keeping that fire out of south Reno and containing it to the foothills.

Comment

we are i our truck posting from my laptop. i get i weak signal from my moden inside. The other building is still burinig we are out in the cold with just our clothes cats and laptop. Looks like the fire is getting smaller on one side and larger on the other
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X