This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Um... Apoc, Young has one more year of eligibility. He's not going to win 2 Heismans.

And USC has more than 2 Heismans . And Texas has a few as well.
    I never said he would win two and I was only talking about very recently. But he does want two and could have two pretty easily if not for Reggie Bush. I'm excited about the Texans next year with Bush, as much as I put down the Pac 10 and all.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Great game.

And I'd agree that Young will stay at Texas one more year so he can get his (rightfully deserved) Heisman... though to have him here as a Titan would be sweet (I'd actually have a good reason to go to the game again). And he and Bush could match up twice a year...

Comment

• Young will probably have his biggest competition from Quinn, and the media loves Notre Dame, so it may be closer than it should be.

But I think he leaves, and he gets taken #2 or #3.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny
          Great game.

And I'd agree that Young will stay at Texas one more year so he can get his (rightfully deserved) Heisman... though to have him here as a Titan would be sweet (I'd actually have a good reason to go to the game again). And he and Bush could match up twice a year...
          Yeah, I don't think the Titans even think about taking someone other than Bush. And frankly, I don't think they should. He may not have had a great game, but one game doesn't devalue Bush's talent.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I'm excited about the Texans next year with Bush

Can Bush play offensive line? If not, I wouldn't get your hopes up...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Young will probably have his biggest competition from Quinn, and the media loves Notre Dame, so it may be closer than it should be.

But I think he leaves, and he gets taken #2 or #3.
              Haha....AJ Hawk is going to make sure Quinn is lying down all of next season.

Oh wait you mean Brady...
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• I think I was hasty on Bush... I didn't realize he had 275+ total yards in the game. Wow... great game on both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                  I'm excited about the Texans next year with Bush

Actually the offensive line has done well enough at providing cover for a decent running game. With good running back to take pressure off Carr, then things will be even easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    I'm excited about the Texans next year with Bush

Which is why the Texas probably should trade down with Tennessee or the Jets (say) and get Ferguson of Virginia. Or be active in Free Agency.

Comment

• Just so you know, Texans are NOT going to use their highest pick for O-line. It is believed that is decently shored up for the moment and with more weapons it would take more pressure off Carr. And their offense is rated higher than their defense right now so they also said they would pick a d-lineman over an o-lineman.

Comment

• I actually feel a little bad for Bush. He's a phenomenal player, but I have a feeling that the speed of NFL defenses, playing for a bad team and the ludicrous expectations people will have for him will make his first few years mighty tough.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Unfortunately, after this game, I feel the same could happen to Young. In the NFL, there will be far less broken tackles. And no team, AFAIK, runs the shotgun 90% of the time. We can only hope that people will be patient with Young.

Comment

Unfortunately, after this game, I feel the same could happen to Young. In the NFL, there will be far less broken tackles. We can only hope that people will be patient with Young.
                            People will be. Texas is horrible at developing quarterbacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
                              People will be. Texas is horrible at developing quarterbacks.
                              Depends on the city he goes to. If the Jets trade up to get him, the New York media may get harsh with him if he doesn't produce immediately.

I mean a team doesn't have to do a McNair type 'sit the bench for 3 years and learn', but Young shouldn't get thrown right into a situation in his 1st year like Alex Smith was.

Comment

Depends on the city he goes to. If the Jets trade up to get him, the New York media may get harsh with him if he doesn't produce immediately.

I mean a team doesn't have to do a McNair type 'sit the bench for 3 years and learn', but Young shouldn't get thrown right into a situation in his 1st year like Alex Smith was.
                                Well, for one....the New York media isn't really harsh. There is just a lot of media. Because of competition, there is always some media source that would have a negative viewpoint of him. This isn't my viewpoint, it's what former New York Times Sports Editor Neil Amdur said to me in a discussion I had with him.

He'll probably need about as much time as Chris Simms had. Basically he'll be ready for the playoffs in his third season.

Comment

Working...
                                X