This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Michigan got SCREWED! Damn, that was some crap officiating. You know guys, that maaaay be a too many men on the field penalty .
    Not to mention:

1) There was a missed false start on Neb final TD

2) Michigan lost 2 timeouts to refs failing to start the review on time

3) There was blatant PI on Michigan's 4th down play

4) The refs took forever to spot the ball on 3rd down for Neb

I went to OSU but I have never seen a team get screwed the way Michigan was.

That being said, Neb should have never been in this game. I would think Michigan fans would be calling for Carr's head now.

Comment

• In addition to that, Nebraska lost ( or rather should have lost had it been reviewed) a fumble on their first touchdown drive.

btw: www.firelloydcarr.us
      When the stars threw down their spears,
      and water'd heaven with their tears,
      Did he smile his work to see?
      Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Comment

• Can't really chat at the moment, as I'm still on vacation. Just wanted to tell Guy that I appreciate the tough game his team gave the Huskers.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Michigan got SCREWED! Damn, that was some crap officiating. You know guys, that maaaay be a too many men on the field penalty .
          To be fair, Michigan had too many men on the field as well, so it should have been offsetting penalties.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Couple things:

1. Nebraska absolutely, 100% deserved to win that game. They got the big plays when they needed them on both sides of the ball, and Michigan had their FIFTH major fourth-quarter defense collapse of the season (Wisconsin, Minnesota, Penn State, Ohio State).

2. That was probably the most atrociously officiated game, from start to finish, that I have ever seen. I think the bad calls cost Michigan considerably more than they cost Nebraska. But the Wolverines still deserved to lose.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• And I've dropped to 8-3 in my predictions.

Comment

Yeah, but the QB is gone and Teal is a stinking load of horsecrap (ie, even worse than Mike McMahon).
                Yeah, and the coach is probably gonna leave.
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
                  Yeah, and the coach is probably gonna leave.
                  God, I hope so. I don't think Rutgers is that lucky though. Schiano has been signed to a long deal.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

God, I hope so. I don't think Rutgers is that lucky though. Schiano has been signed to a long deal.
                    I mean, why shouldn't he? There are many good job offers that will open up after next season (like Texas A&M probably) but Rutgers isn't going to be nearly as good next season as this season most likely. He should get out while on top since a school like Rutgers can't really sustain a good program.
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
                      I mean, why shouldn't he? There are many good job offers that will open up after next season (like Texas A&M probably) but Rutgers isn't going to be nearly as good next season as this season most likely. He should get out while on top since a school like Rutgers can't really sustain a good program.

You know nothing about Greg Schiano, do you? He was actually the front runner for the Miami job after Butch Davis left, but decided to go to Rutgers instead to try to build up his alma mater. As much as I wish for it, there is no way he's going to go to a Texas A&M, unless he gets canned.

And I don't think many big programs are going to go after him either. What really has he done? One bowl season? Whoop-te-do!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

You know nothing about Greg Schiano, do you? He was actually the front runner for the Miami job after Butch Davis left, but decided to go to Rutgers instead to try to build up his alma mater. As much as I wish for it, there is no way he's going to go to a Texas A&M, unless he gets canned.
                        You know, you surprise me, Imran. I gather that Schiano's actually done a pretty good job over there, considering that the program was almost winless before he joined up and he built the program back up to bowl status (which Rutgers hadn't reached in almost 25-30 years) from those depths in a relatively quick time considering the depth of those depths, and I figured you'd be more grateful rather than anxious to get rid of the guy. What's your problem with him, anyway?
                        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• He sucks. I'm shocked by your buying into the hype. Rutgers has one winning season and people are annointing him the savior. Watch them fall to under .500 next year. He is a decent recruiter, but a HORRIBLE game day coach. This is seen by Rutgers' frequent aptitude for blowing leads (ie, the Illinois game in Week 1 this year).

And it wasn't like the program was 1-10 every single year. Both Doug Garber and Terry Shea had 5-6 years, where people though Rutgers had 'turned the corner', only to drop back down again.

And Schiano makes far more money than he should.

Comment

And I don't think many big programs are going to go after him either. What really has he done? One bowl season? Whoop-te-do!
                            Nah, I don't...I'm just trying to sound smart by rehashing what ESPN said about him. And no, I don't expect him to go to A&M, it's something that will open up in a year, thus a little late for him if he leaves after this year.

Comment

• 8-4, looks like I'm about to go 9-4.

Oregon.

Comment

• Don't count that loss too soon, Guy. Oregon is making things interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X