Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In state tuition! At some place like OSU!
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• U-M and OSU (and Notre Dame) recruit nationally, Dan. A plurality of OSU players are from Ohio, perhaps a slim majority, but not that many.

And even then those ****ers would still be making more than me.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• In state tution at some schools might not be too bad, but it is the room and board where you can make a killing. At the University of Texas, I have a number of friends whose apartment costs more than the tuition and the apartments aren't even that close to campus. Even the dorms are similar in cost to the tuition. It's very, very easy to pay $25,000+ in state.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Oh yeah, and the football players never having to worry about eating ramen all the time is a big plus for them.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• A plurality of OSU players are from Ohio, perhaps a slim majority, but not that many.
            More like 90%. Just look at the roster that I posted earlier.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Frankly, I don't give a ****. They are getting a free college education. They are paid plenty.

Comment

• Just because young doctors are enslaved, doesn't mean others should be.

Comment

• Enslaved?

They get a FREE EDUCATION for PLAYING A GAME. Jesus tap dancing Christ.

Comment

• Here's a bizarre little college football factoid:

The top four schools in all-time victories (Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, Nebraska) all have an exact .500 record in bowls.

Drake: You seem to make all your judgments on teams based on their record; however, you seem convinced that Michigan is much better than Nebraska, despite the matching 7-4 records. Any reason why?

Comment

• Let the record show that I am 5-0 thus far in my bowl predictions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                        Frankly, I don't give a ****. They are getting a free college education. They are paid plenty.

Word.

Oh, and Rutgers in its first bowl since the 70s tonight! Here is to an ass whupping at the hands of ASU, I hope we don't get beat too bad .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well that was a fun game. 45-40 ASU beats Rutgers, but not before both teams set the combined yardage mark for ANY bowl game! Let's just call this the no defense bowl. 1,211 yards of total offense... Wow.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I must say, the Rutgers offense acquitted itself quite well last night. It was hardly the blowout all the pundits were predicting, and even in defeat, it's something the team can build on for next season.
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Yeah, but the QB is gone and Teal is a stinking load of horsecrap (ie, even worse than Mike McMahon).

Comment

• Michigan got SCREWED! Damn, that was some crap officiating. You know guys, that maaaay be a too many men on the field penalty .

Comment

Working...
                                X